xisto Community
iwuvcookies

Google Desktop Search Is Here! its here...

I use (and love I might add) Google desktop search I tried Copernic but I didn't like it, you see I use Google Desktop to launch files not to search for files and I find it to be the best for this purpose. I also quite like the sidebar but I don't use it as much as I could. The actual searching for files I also find to be quick enough for me. I personally don't like the browser based interface but it is possible to just use the deskbar and the pop up menu type thing to quickly search for and launch those files. It is far from perfect however I would love it if the floating deskbar would hide behind other windows and there are a few small issues regarding the general useage, but I can highly recommend this product if you just want a quick way of launching commonly used files and programs from a few simply keywords. This might just be me but I wouldn't really care if they used the information to display small contextual ads as long as they were of the adwords variety and didn't take up too much room, but you know you can always just block it with a firewall if it bothers you that much.

Google Desktop 4 has been released. It is featured on the Download.com front page at time of writing.I think that Google Desktop Search is an excellent internal search tool for your computer. Have you tried the plug-ins? They are GREAT!Anyways, I use the Google Desktop Search to show my RSS Feeds. Good idea?

hey guys, i had recently used Parvail PC Controller as an excellent alternative to Google Desktop - with plenty more features then Google Desktop - try that - you can find it at Download.com here -

http://download.cnet.com/PC-Controller/3000-2248_4-10589545.html

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Posting three times with the same message. Spammer you are banned. Go do your advertising somewhere else.