xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ZeroHawk

First "real" Sig using the gimp

YAY! My first "real sig"(I've made a few background and text only sigs in paint, weren't all that bad), also my first render. I looked through some tuts, took my time, and here are the results. I'm so proud of myself...

This is it:

Posted Image

Here's a slight color retouch:

Posted Image

Here I've edited the text a little

Posted Image

And here's another text edit:

Posted Image

Constructive crticism and comments appreciated.

wow this one looks really really great. i havent seen your otherones but im really impressed with this one. my favorite version of them is the second one. the blue text really fits in the deep blue background zou got going there. see like in the last one its deep blue text and its the turqois background that dosent really fit in with it. as for the render it lookrs really cool. i like the section you choose to show of of it. the onlything id add is maybe a 1px or 2px black solid border. ^_^

Hey that looks cool stuff buddy!Well I used to use THE GIMP but I decided to give up on that the reason was I didnt find good brushes for it...so where did you get these brushes...background seems very nice to me....and as sxyloverboy said that the second one looks really awesome......and yes you do miss the border.Text needs some work and choice of render is really good!overall I'll rate it 8/10

YAY! My first "real sig"(I've made a few background and text only sigs in paint, weren't all that bad), also my first render. I looked through some tuts, took my time, and here are the results. I'm so proud of myself...

This is it:

Posted Image

Here's a slight color retouch:

Posted Image

Here I've edited the text a little

Posted Image

And here's another text edit:

Posted Image

Constructive crticism and comments appreciated.

197382[/snapback]

Your sig is really really awesome, I like the trooper guy a lot, and the background is cool, it fits the scene just perfectly. I think the text should be integrated into the background more though, but oh well thats just my opinion, take it or leave it.

Sincerely,

Xadoflitan

pretty good for your first with gimp, however... i feel that the render is tooooo dark and sig needs a border, maybe its a bit too wide too.

Very nice, i like it. I wish i could make sigs like that but i dont have the right programs to make them with and even if i did have the programs i wouldnt have a clue how to make them unless somone told me how to..

need to work on text, brushing, blending and other stuff ok for your first just need to work on it more, recommend read alot of tutorials and combine them to make some good stuff later on.