xisto Community
galexcd

Things That Should Be Changed About Our Government (and our entire world to think about it)

I dont really care if you guys care what i have to say below this line or not, but its a good vent for me so im just going to put it anyway:

------------------------------

Things that should be changed about our government, (and our entire world to think about it):

1) Your proporty

This has to be the most irritating thing about the world... once you own it THEY WONT LEAVE YOU ALONE!!! jeez... i mean... i bought my house, now LEAVE ME ALONE... why do i have to pay property tax to the government?!? sure they have to make money, but I OWN THE FRIGGEN PROPORTY!! If i were incharge, when someone owns somthing, they are not just RENTING it from the government! They should own it... I should be able to do whatever i want to on my proporty...

ANOTHER THING: CAN YOU BELIVE THE GOVERNMENT CAN TAKE YOUR PROPORTY IF THEY WANT TO BUILD A HIGHWAY OVER IT?!?! OH MY GOD! they should have to ASK ME FIRST.... I think that when you buy your land, your acctually buying it from the U.S., not just sorta having the U.S. LOAN YOU THE LAND!!

2) Your car

My views on vehicles are very similar to my views on proporty... ITS YOURS.. you shouldn't be FORCED TO BUY INSURANCE ON IT!!! I do understand paying tax on your car if your going to drive on public streets, but as long as it's on your own proporty its yours... I know not having insurance on your car can really cause problems, but there has to be a better way!

3) People assuming things

Ok, this does not have too much to do with the government, but this really pisses me off too... People assume EVERYTHING!! I LOVE it when someone assumes something and it turns out to be something else!

I should probably explain myself... It happens every day.. if you dont own it, THERES A CHANSE THAT YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO USE IT... SO DO GO *bleep*ING MESSING AROUND WITH THINGS YOU DONT KNOW!!!

Especially computers... AWW GOD! I HATE it when people just come over here and ASSUME they know how to use MY COMPUTER! WTF!?!? AND THEN THEY DO SOMETHING TO IT!? AND THEY COME TO ME?!!??! ITS THEIR FAULT! The other day, i was carpooling with this one girl right

(she's the most annoying little *bleep* you have ever met, but she pays me good, so ill stand it... i guess)

but anyway, she ASSUMES that she knows how to ajust the seat, and she hits one of the presets and it like goes way up, and she "couldnt fix it" and i had to pull over and fix it for her.... ARGH!!!

AND EVERYBODY AUTOMATICALLY ASSUMES THAT EVERYONE USES A WINDOWS COMPUTER

AND EVERYBODY AUTOMATICALLY ASSUMES THAT EVERYONE USES INTERNET EXPLORER AS THEIR WEB BROWSER

AND EVERYBODY AUTOMATICALLY ASSUMES THAT EVERYONE USES MICROSOFT WORD AS A WORD PROSSESSOR

what if i make my OWN opperating system and use it... huh? are my teachers going to explain how to PRINT SOMETHING OUT ON THAT!?!?!? OR BETTER YET NOT EVEN A COMPUTER??! WHAT HAPPENS THEN!?

what if i have an obscure browser, or better yet, NOT EVEN INTERNET?!!? HUH!?! WHATT HAPPENS THEN?!?!?

AND WHAT HAPPENS IF I USE A DIFFERENT WORD PROSSESSOR?!!?! HUH!??! ARE MY TEACHERS GOING TO SHOW ME HOW TO DOUBLE SPACE ON THAT AS WELL?!?!! WHAT IF I DONT EVEN HAVE A PRINTER!?!??! WHAT HAPPENS THEN!?!?

WHAT HAPPENS THEN!?!?

WHAT HAPPENS THEN!?!?

WHAT HAPPENS THEN!?!?

... anyway lets go on...

4) Everything else

The world can really be tough on you sometimes... There are many other things that really irk me about it, but i think i have put enought here for this post... I'll see what you guys say, if you guys say anything, in responce to this...

------------------

well thats what i have to say... thanks for letting me have a vent... ^_^

I see nothing THAT bad about the government. I agree with the highway taking your property thing. Come on, they need a highway...and you'll get a space, like next to there. Also, property tax...they need the money, it's fine with me.

Property tax is an intresting topic, that I don't necessarly aggree with, I guess you could call it union fees to belong to a union (in this case own land in USA)

The car thing I however aggree with entirly, you pay tax for roads, and that just makes sense, however the insurance thing is questionable, I believe it may have something to do with the whole what if you are in an accident, if you are person ! and you have $1000 dammage to your car, but it's not your fault, then you would expect not to have to pay that, it would be the other guy. If he has insurace then his provider would pay you, now what if he didn't have insurance, you would still aggree that you deserve the $1000, yet maybe he can't afford it, then what?

Now as for the rest lets see if I can get it right

AND EVERYBODY AUTOMATICALLY ASSUMES THAT EVERYONE USES A WINDOWS COMPUTER

Well, duh your an american no doubt (don't take offence I read it in the side bar) now would you ASSUME that your neighbors are all partriots (I hope I spelled that right), you probably would, because a very large number of Americans are, just as a very large number of computer users are Windows, If someone is telling you how to do something and you didn't ask for help, then just tune them out, if you did ask for help, (about linux) perhapse you sould have asked someone who uses linux so they will give you a linux answer (Or Mac, as the case may be)

AND EVERYBODY AUTOMATICALLY ASSUMES THAT EVERYONE USES INTERNET EXPLORER AS THEIR WEB BROWSER

Again same thing as patriot, now the thing about IE is that it's the industry standard (so to speak) it can be used on Win, Mac, and Linux (with Wine), so if you use sometihng else that was your choice and it is you responsibability to either learn how to with your borwser, or to use IE for that task. If you were taking a math class on problem solving and you solve a problem one way and th teacher another, one great example is solving for systems of linear equations, there are about 5 ways of solving, if your teacher uses methoid 1 and taught you 1, then you should know one, however you prefer 2, now you ask for help with one question, and you teacher shows you how using methoid one would you get mad because they didn't do it your way? You shouldn't after all way 1 was taught to you (just as you have access to IE) way 1 does work (Just as IE works) and because you choose to be diffrent doesn't mean your teacher should change their lesson just to make you feel better, you made the choice to use FireFox (just as an example) and rather then expecting the whole world to change you should just learn to get along, besides GOD WILLING (sorry if you don't believe in god) IE will die!Trust me on the above I am diffrent, I prefer to do math the diffrent way and use diffrent browsers, ect...

AND EVERYBODY AUTOMATICALLY ASSUMES THAT EVERYONE USES MICROSOFT WORD AS A WORD PROSSESSOR

Please re-read the above substuting IE for Word, and browser for word processor.

what if i make my OWN opperating system and use it... huh? are my teachers going to explain how to PRINT SOMETHING OUT ON THAT!?!?!? OR BETTER YET NOT EVEN A COMPUTER??! WHAT HAPPENS THEN!?

No if you made your own operating system it is your job to know how to use it, besides the OS is just a tool that makes communicating with the system easier.If you wrote your own song would you expect you music teacher to teach you how to play it? Now that was just a dumb question, If you expect your teacher to teach YOU a song YOU wrote, you're just out to lunch.
As for not having a computer that I do aggree is wrong, if you don't have access to a computer and a teacher expects you to do something on a computer without giving you the oportunity to use one, then you have in my mind grounds for a lay suite in the words of descrimination.

what if i have an obscure browser, or better yet, NOT EVEN INTERNET?!!? HUH!?! WHATT HAPPENS THEN?!?!?

Like I said YOU CAN use IE so just do it, or learn how to in the obscure borwser, besides a browser should be able to access the internet, which is I'm assuming what you want to do with it. As for not having the internet, that applies the same as above not having a computer and descrimination, but most people have at least limited access to the internet (in north america anyway)

AND WHAT HAPPENS IF I USE A DIFFERENT WORD PROSSESSOR?!!?! HUH!??! ARE MY TEACHERS GOING TO SHOW ME HOW TO DOUBLE SPACE ON THAT AS WELL?!?!! WHAT IF I DONT EVEN HAVE A PRINTER!?!??! WHAT HAPPENS THEN!?!?

I'm gonna take this one backwards, if you don't have a printer, you don't need a word processor, or may I sugest you email (or otherwise) the file to a school, or friends computer and print it there. If you use a diffrent processor you can find out for yourself, it generaly is the same in all, or else it comes with a help file, also there is a utility called thinkfree.com which is in effect an online word processor with features simmilar to word in all the sme places, use that

Now I'm assuming (there's that word!) based on you knowledge of a computer that you could probably figure out all of the above, in which case you should now worry about it.
In case you haven't figured out, "I didn't get my english work done on time because someone, somewhere might not have a printer, also when I do get it done it might not be dubble spaced because some people don't know how too, berring in mind I do know how, it isn't fare that I should have to dubble space it when other people can't figure out how too" isn't a very good excuse, although you might want to try it, please tell me how it goes.

well thats what i have to say... thanks for letting me have a vent...

You're welcome, I guess you could classify what I typed as a vent also, so thanks for reading, if you didn't read it you should, infact scroll right to the top and re read the whole thing ^_^
Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Merged as reported.

I'm totally with you on vent items #1 and #2. In fact, I have a lot of complaints about the government. But I'll have to open another vent topic just for that. The US goverment and State governments are totally messed up. They have become the very thing that our forefathers fought against in the American Revolution. Thomas Jefferson summarizes my thoughts best in his statement,

The government which governs least, governs best.

^_^ Some things the government does are ridiculous, I don't know if I'd argue your point though. I own my home, and pay taxes. Those taxes go to schools mainly in my state. Yes, I do have kids, so it pays for their teachers, buildings and other things. Plus it pays for our fire departments, and I think the police force too. Which I plan to apply for shortly-consequently paying my own salary, hopefully.As before mentioned, car taxes pay for the road you drive on, the bridges you cross, and the intersection that gets you off the highway, to you're home, that you bought w/ the education that started in elementary school, paid for by your taxes.Now be glad you don't live in Washington state. Our governor is trying to pass the "Death Tax", which would take a % of any and everything you own @ the time of death and keep their percent. Which means that if you only own property, and no cash, you family has to come up w/ the cash to claim the property or the state can sell it, take their cut, and give you what's left. Have you ever been to a government auction?Our state is also primarily governed by the "west side", the Seattle/Tacoma area. True they have the majority of the population, but they shouldn't dictate our taxes. Recently they decided w/ our governors help, to up our gas tax. We currently have one of the highest gas taxes in the country. This was to pay for highway funding, on the west side of the state. If you didn't catch it, I live on the east side of the state. On a recent venture through my lovely state, I spent time on the west side. Gas is actually, on average, 10 to 15 cents cheaper in alot of the places I went there. Go figure!Thanks for getting me started!

I have a lot of complaints towards the (U.S.) government (not much to Canada, eh?) but what can I do? I'm not American. True, those people come up with rediculous things, and half-baked ideas (or none at all!)I'm just gonna sit here and view the rollercoaster ride of our rights.

What I've done here:

What i've done here is replied what i think about all your posts (like moldboy did to my post :lol:)... I would like it if everyone read at least their own, its organized by when you replied in this thread...

Thanks

->Qwertyiscool

----------------------------------

NovaTerra

I see nothing THAT bad about the government. I agree with the highway taking your property thing. Come on, they need a highway...and you'll get a space, like next to there.

I think you missed what i was trying to say, your acting like it was good law?

I was trying to get accross how bad of a law it is.. I mean it's YOUR proporty, the government shouldn't own it anymore... they shouldn't get to do anything... i think it should be considered the same way the governement considers another country...

Also, property tax...they need the money, it's fine with me.

196948[/snapback]

Well of couse they need the money, but the thing that bugs me on proporty tax, is that they need to know what you've done to your house, and what's in it, they shouldn't be charging me for stuff they shouldn't even know about... For example, I added a window in one of the walls in my house, and now i'm paying extra every month because i did that TO MY OWN HOUSE!

Moldboy

OHHHH boy... you broke up everyhing i said and anylized it!?!?! good job! ^_^

Let's see...

Property tax is an intresting topic, that I don't necessarly aggree with, I guess you could call it union fees to belong to a union (in this case own land in USA)

^^Read what i responded to NovaTerra above (Well of couse they ...)^^

The car thing I however aggree with entirly, you pay tax for roads, and that just makes sense, however the insurance thing is questionable, I believe it may have something to do with the whole what if you are in an accident, if you are person ! and you have $1000 dammage to your car, but it's not your fault, then you would expect not to have to pay that, it would be the other guy.  If he has insurace then his provider would pay you, now what if he didn't have insurance, you would still aggree that you deserve the $1000, yet maybe he can't afford it, then what?

Thanks, i feel that finaly someone understands me,

and with the insurance thing, like i said before, im SURE there has to be another way...

Now as for the rest lets see if I can get it right

Well, duh your an american no doubt (don't take offence I read it in the side bar) now would you ASSUME that your neighbors are all partriots (I hope I spelled that right), you probably would, because a very large number of Americans are, just as a very large number of computer users are Windows, If someone is telling you how to do something and you didn't ask for help, then just tune them out, if you did ask for help, (about linux) perhapse you sould have asked someone who uses linux so they will give you a linux answer (Or Mac, as the case may be)

Yes... i guess i didn't say it right... when one of my teachers assignes an essay... and they say:

"This essay must be typed, and must be double spaced"... then they go into explaining how to double space on microsoft word... what if i dont have microsoft word, and i dont know how to double space on the word prossesor i use, does that mean i get an F?

Again same thing as patriot, now the thing about IE is that it's the industry standard (so to speak) it can be used on Win, Mac, and Linux (with Wine), so if you use sometihng else that was your choice and it is you responsibability to either learn how to with your borwser, or to use IE for that task.  If you were taking a math class on problem solving and you solve a problem one way and th teacher another, one great example is solving for systems of linear equations, there are about 5 ways of solving, if your teacher uses methoid 1 and taught you 1, then you should know one, however you prefer 2, now you ask for help with one question, and you teacher shows you how using methoid one would you get mad because they didn't do it your way?  You shouldn't after all way 1 was taught to you (just as you have access to IE) way 1 does work (Just as IE works) and because you choose to be diffrent doesn't mean your teacher should change their lesson just to make you feel better, you made the choice to use FireFox (just as an example) and rather then expecting the whole world to change you should just learn to get along, besides GOD WILLING (sorry if you don't believe in god) IE will die!

Trust me on the above I am diffrent, I prefer to do math the diffrent way and use diffrent browsers, ect...

Yes, but IE is no longer standard with the mac, dosn't even come on the new macs, safari is... What if someone tells me to go to a site, but for whatever reason it doesn't work on safari...

and what if i had to go to that site, its some sort of evaluation for my job, does that mean i loose the job?!

If you wrote your own song would you expect you music teacher to teach you how to play it? Now that was just a dumb question, If you expect your teacher to teach YOU a song YOU wrote, you're just out to lunch.

As for not having a computer that I do aggree is wrong, if you don't have access to a computer and a teacher expects you to do something on a computer without giving you the oportunity to use one, then you have in my mind grounds for a lay suite in the words of descrimination.

yes... but i just think that to force you to own something is discrimination...

Its like, the music teacher tells you to wright a symphony, or else, but you have no music paper, and no pencil...

Like I said YOU CAN use IE so just do it, or learn how to in the obscure borwser, besides a browser should be able to access the internet, which is I'm assuming what you want to do with it.  As for not having the internet, that applies the same as above not having a computer and descrimination, but most people have at least limited access to the internet (in north america anyway)

WHat if i dont own IE and i cant afford to buy it...?

I'm gonna take this one backwards, if you don't have a printer, you don't need a word processor, or may I sugest you email (or otherwise) the file to a school, or friends computer and print it there.  If you use a diffrent processor you can find out for yourself, it generaly is the same in all, or else it comes with a help file, also there is a utility called thinkfree.com which is in effect an online word processor with features simmilar to word in all the sme places, use that

Now I'm assuming (there's that word!) based on you knowledge of a computer that you could probably figure out all of the above, in which case you should now worry about it. 

In case you haven't figured out, "I didn't get my english work done on time because someone, somewhere might not have a printer, also when I do get it done it might not be dubble spaced because some people don't know how too, berring in mind I do know how, it isn't fare that I should have to dubble space it when other people can't figure out how too" isn't a very good excuse, although you might want to try it, please tell me how it goes.

I understand what you are saying...

i was just trying to express my beliefs...

Goldinero

I'm totally with you on vent items #1 and #2.  In fact, I have a lot of complaints about the government.  But I'll have to open another vent topic just for that.  The US goverment and State governments are totally messed up.  They have become the very thing that our forefathers fought against in the American Revolution.

196992[/snapback]

I agree, with your vent toppic... out of curiosity, what exactly is making you not "with me" on vent item #3?

Nothing personal, just curious...

For some reason theres a limit to how many quotes you can put in a thread... i've obviously reached my limit, so i put floresid's and broflovski's review on the next post....

(continued from last post)

Floresid

^_^ Some things the government does are ridiculous, I don't know if I'd argue your point though.

Sounds fair, i really didn't get my point accross compleatly, it wasn't really what i meant to say, but i really didn't think that people would care about my belives about the world, and i was almost sure that nobody would reply to this thread...

As before mentioned, car taxes pay for the road you drive on, the bridges you cross, and the intersection that gets you off the highway, to you're home, that you bought w/ the education that started in elementary school, paid for by your taxes.

I see how it works, but thats one of the things i dont like, just because i live in this country, i shouldn't have to pay for the public schools to stay open, i think after you've bought the proporty from the U.S. its yours, they can't make you do anything, it would be sort of like another country...

I know this is opening up crime and alot of stuff, but thats how i think it should be...

Now be glad you don't live in Washington state.  Our governor is trying to pass the "Death Tax", which would take a % of any and everything you own @ the time of death and keep their percent.  Which means that if you only own property, and no cash, you family has to come up w/ the cash to claim the property or the state can sell it, take their cut, and give you what's left.  Have you ever been to a government auction?

wow... i think i'd go crazy there... i wouldn't want the government knowing what i've bought, and what funiture and stuff is in my house... THEY SHOULDN"T KNOW... ITS NONE OF THEIR BUISNESS.. its not like im trying to hide anything in my house, its just that, the way i'd like it to be is, water, electricity, and gas go into my house, and sewage comes out... and i live inside, with walls around me... Working on my computer, doing whatever i want...

yeah... it probly sounds really crazy dosn't it... i should probly go to an insane asylum...^_^

... and no i've never been to a government auction...

One more thing:

Broflovski

I have a lot of complaints towards the (U.S.) government (not much to Canada, eh?) but what can I do? I'm not American. True, those people come up with rediculous things, and half-baked ideas (or none at all!)

I'm just gonna sit here and view the rollercoaster ride of our rights.

Ok, here is a person who just saw the topic title, clicked on it... saw alot of words to read and just hit the reply button and just put some random B.S. to get some credits...

i can tell by your reply...

how about you acctualy read the posts before posting.... :lol:

i just think that there are many other things about the American government that should be changed. i mean, proporty tax isn't killing anybody (at least no way it could comes to my mind), but other things that the USA has been doing since decades do.anyway it's an interesting post, i mean, it shows me how you live there, and i'm very happy here in South America. plus, i agree with "people assuming things". it happens to me all the time, i don't think it's because of your government, but the human been.

i just think that there are many other things about the American government that should be changed. i mean, proporty tax isn't killing anybody (at least no way it could comes to my mind), but other things that the USA has been doing since decades do.

anyway it's an interesting post, i mean, it shows me how you live there, and i'm very happy here in South America. plus, i agree with "people assuming things". it happens to me all the time, i don't think it's because of your government, but the human been.

198216[/snapback]

Yes.. i know what you mean... i was only going to put stuff about our government, but then i thought about that, so i put "and about our world now that i think about it" undeneath...

Thanks for your info

Hi:Well, I so disagree on the insurance on the car issue.If you are not driving your car, you can buy a significantly reduced policy for your car.We have so many uninsured motorists, its disgraceful. And then when there is an accident, they have no insurance to pay for the damage. The other driver is left holding the bag. You can pick and chose which features you want on your insurance. So, if you don't want to cover certain aspects of the repair of your car, you can not buy insurance on it. But it isn't right that uninsured motorists can get on the road, and cause damage, and then have no way to pay for it.Sunkist

But it isn't right that uninsured motorists can get on the road, and cause damage, and then have no way to pay for it.

In Canada, in Saskatchewan our Insurance (car) license plates, and licenses are all handled by the same government body (SGI), you can't get on the road without insurance, or you can, but you wouldn't have a valid license, also you can't own a road legal vehicle without insurance because it comes with the plates.

Hi:That sounds like a better system, Moldboy, than what we have here in California. It is the law that you have to be insured to drive, but lots of people do it anyway. If you are stopped for a traffic violation, there has to be proof of insurance. But its still a huge problem.So, now when I buy auto insurance, I have a rider/extra on my policy for uninsured motorists. So I am buying insurance to protect myself, if the person who hits my car has no insurance (and the accident was their fault).I think that auto insurance should be included in the price of gasoline. That way, there would be no way around it. (I know its an additional tax, but it would help solve the problem).Sunkist