xisto Community
TiKiRoKhaN

What Is The Life Of A Star?

My first impression when I read the title was that it was about pop stars and rock stars but lo and behold, its about our universe. That is really very interesting. In fact, I never knew a star had like a life and much less a life cycle. Does anyone have any idea how much a decent telescope for seeing stars might cost and where to get them?

My first impression when I read the title was that it was about pop stars and rock stars but lo and behold, its about our universe. That is really very interesting. In fact, I never knew a star had like a life and much less a life cycle. Does anyone have any idea how much a decent telescope for seeing stars might cost and where to get them?

205469[/snapback]

You can visit, i dont remember were it is. I think its in LA, but you can visit a observatory when there's a event going on and you can see the stars. I did, I saw the cornona, i believe its called. The outer part of the sun, it was beautiful. You could see some fire moving slowly, but of course it was very slow. B)

Wow the picture,omg the crappest picture in the world no offence but i did not get what you were trying to put on the picture. It didnt mean the slightest to me, i did not get the picture at all but hey you explained it and it sounds cool.

197828[/snapback]

I have to disagree the picture was not that bad. I have seen way worse.

I think that the life of a star is a very facinating thing to learn and watch in a computer simulated film.

I think how planets, stars, even solar systems are formed is very facinating. The whole space and science thing is extremely facinating to me. I would love to go to the moon and help build a space station there. I think it would be fabulous if they could put a telescope on there. There is so much that we still do not know and so much more to learn about space and our own planet. We should learn more about the other planets too because our world will not support us forever. Trips to space by everyday people are quickly becoming a reality. When I say that I mean that within the space of time in millions to billions of year. A few hundred to a few thousand really is the blink of an eye. Recently the X-Prize was awarded to a private space plane that made it to space with a pilot and one passenger. Many private companies are out there trying to make space planes and ships. With them working toward this goal it would not surprise me at all if there are private companies trying to find a way to learn more about space and the stars above us.

Once again thanks for the great info.

Stars are so amazing. Can you imagine that our sun is a star. That means that every star in the sky looks somewhat like our sun. Can you imagine? Eccecpt the stars are so far away that they are most easlier seen at night. They are also so far away that they look light little dots or little holes in the sky. Somepeople think they are dead ansesors looking down on them or if your form the lion king you might think they are kings. But really tthey are jut suns relly i mean relly far away. I wounder If anyone has ever counted all the stars in the skyes. That wiuld be so cool because we would know if more are made o disapper. B)

Have you ever been interested in w hat is the life of a star? What happens to it, no its not gonna always be black holes! Well im here to tell you ^^!
FYI-Not very good drawing ^^
Cant see image? ->http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png
<< Click the link to see in full screen >>

I also think that the drawing is pretty crude. It explains the cycle pretty well, although the writing looks as though a 2nd grader drew it.

Personally, I find the nova or super-nova phase the coolest, although if the Sun went nova in our lifetimes (not likely) I doubt anyone would be happy. Still, if the human race could somehow study a nova as it happened and then somehow manage to preserve that information through the nova, maybe in the future, other alien races might benefit from it.

Yea all stars are expanding for evry year and getting bigger and bigger but just little bit. And our sun is expanding too, and did you know that it will be an supernova and explode and then dissapear just like other suns in our glaxsy. And anyway before that happens, the earth will be gone before that. Beacuse if its expanding then it will get wormer and wormer here on earth and then the water will dissapear and evrything in earth will die. And the is realy interesting. B)Do you think that we will make it untile then?Will an comet, asteroid make that the live dissapear here on earth?Many questions but almost no answers... :PAnyway lol I dont have to worry about that I will be gone looong before anything here happens. But things are alredy happening here on earth.We are producing more and more carbon dioxide and it doing that the greenhouse effect is keeping the warmth here on earth.And the oil is alredy going slowly dissapering and alll oil field here on earth will be gone in 100 years. Fast? yea... B)Do you think that we will find anything to use instead untill then?Hope that, and hope that I will be alive then. B)Much wondering... Hope that we will get all the answers some day. :P

DO you think we will ever get to live on the moon, or even mars. Won't it be too expensive to put everyone there. At the rate our technology progresses, I don't think things will be much cheaper though they will get better.When you say the sun is going to explode and become a supernova lol it sounds so much like Amagadon or sorts. However, I never really read this stuff but always believed that the world was never created to last for eternerty. Interesting...

The sun will expand, growing into a Red Giant and then it will slightly start to inch to the earth. Then eventually once the earth is totally destroyed by the suns solar rays, it will finally run out of hydrogen then explode :)

No, Its like, the sun will expand and since we poluted the OZONE, the suns solar flares wont be blocked anymore leaving our earth to turn into a wasteland. Then the sun will expand and crash into the earth and destroy everything we know. :P

The sun will expand, growing into a Red Giant and then it will slightly start to inch to the earth. Then eventually once the earth is totally destroyed by the suns solar rays, it will finally run out of hydrogen then explode :P

208103[/snapback]

That won't happen for like 5 billion years though. So none of us have anything to worry about right now, except like someone else mentioned - Global warming and our dwindling ozone layer.

Does anyone have any cool pictures to share?