xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tonny

Dreamweaver 2004 the best software for creating web site?

Hy there!

I am creating website in dreamweaver2004. I am satisficted with it because it has got a lot of options and all other stuff.

Creating a web site was never that easy. I created my web site in just one week. Of course its not done jet but 55% of work is done.

I love create flash animation and place it in my web site.It is a big pleasure to have a funny and interesting flash animation and also visited web page.

My opinion: Its maybe the best software for creating web sites?

What do u think?

do you know a better software?

196484[/snapback]

I will admit, Dreamweaver is a great webdesign utility, but it has its downsides.. Its not very user friendly to begin with, most people would start off using dreamweaver without somesort of help or tutorial. Its also very time consuming, compared to the alternatives.. I use Frontpage or just HTML in a notepad. Frontpage in my opinion is the best website creator out there, its user friendly, and cuts the time in a half. both are very good creators but if u need a good job done quick and easy, use frontpage, but otherwise for a great prostyle page, and if u have the time, the Dreamweaver is perfect.

With Front page you can't prepare a good site, for that you have to go for Dreamweaver. I agree with anarchyboard88 that it is not user friendly but by giving a little bit of time you will become expert and will definetly enjoy creating your pages in Dreamweaver.Front page is good as far as you are having one or two pages in your site and that too in html format, its not good for professionally good looking sites.

the best software for creating web site?

Dreamweaver 2004

I have a site with thousands of pages and documents. I have definitely outgrown Dreamweaver. It takes forever to load the cache and to switch to another site which has about the same amount of files. I really have to find a solution to this. All my web content publisher can't stand opening and closing Dreamweaver. Most of us just leave it open all day and then close it at least 15 minutes before we want to leave, so it can do whatever it does to the cache before closing. If we don't want to wait then we have to end task and that just causes it to spend another 15 minutes the next day when you open it to use again.

I'm trying to find a way to split the site up into a bunch of little sites so it will load faster but keep the templates updating all sites. Any ideas?

-reply by Kaitee