xisto Community
anima

Vbulletin

I really like the look of teh newest Invision boards, v2.1.2. Looks very nice indeed.I've never liked using vBullitin really, not sure why, though the forum I am active on switched it it a while back and its growing on me, slowly.

In my honest opinion if you were planing to buy vBulletin I would say dont do it, its not really worth it. If you were going to spend money on a forum go with Invision Board 2.0 (what Xisto use :P ) Ever since day one, Invision have created fast and reliable message boards. Or if you dont want to pay then there are copys of Invision Board 1.3.1 Final hagging around on the net which you dont need a paid license for. You can get it here if you are interested. (thanks to that site for still keeping it)

Some asked about Invision skins aswell. Invisionize have a wide range of skins and mods for most Invisionboards.

i'm using smart forum machine (SMF).. and it quite nice and of course, it's free. And Xisto have the pre-install script for it so installing is just a matter of seconds. You could go to their support forum for help and request modification for the forum.
it also compatible with coppermine gallery and mkportal.

A) It's Simple Machines Forum.
B) Yes installing it is quick; but better forums are worth the effort to upload and install.
C) I don't know anthing about intergration with these products.

Yes, vBulletin is quite a forum, and definitely worth the money (if you can spare that much on a forum). I say that it's more commercial grade, meaning that it is better suited to larger and more active forums (like this one, Mamboserver.com, and others). I would get it if it were free for sure, but not at the $160 that Jelsoft wants for it.
Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)

I have not seen a free Vbulletin forum that is for free but
this is the one I use: http://myfastforum.org/ this is where you sign up for your forum to show a preview what it looks like you can check my actual forum as a preview what yours could possibly turn into by going to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/!

There support boards are Superb you get fast replies when posting a question I hade several questions at one stage and I posted on the support and to my amazement they answered all straight a way!

And it is 100% free as I have never used Vbulletin i have no clue what they I like but I have been with all free Forums sites and I have found that this one eats the cake
There is only a minimal advertising space but apart from that there are no pop ups.!

The Forum and the Amin panel It is extremely easy to use trust me you will not be Dissapointed as far as free forums go I said before and I'll it again this truly eats the cake!! !

Try it for yourself you'll see what I mean?

Edited by warrenthewrestler (see edit history)

Look these forums are all totally different i dont care how much people say to me that the forums are sort of the same they are not. IPB is probabaly the most popualr forum type available on the net today, it has so many mods and skins you can use. VBulliten is a very good forum type for huge enterprises but can start slowing down when to many members come online. PHPBB is probabaly the best free forum type out there since IPB went paid. When i started out my company i beta tested all the popualr forum types and found IPB to be the best for me as its easy to manage and the layout is smooth. The new IPB looks even better. IPB also is not located anymore in fantastico as IPS withdrew the agreement with Netenberg. As for SMF ive never used it and i dont really want to either as it looks quite bad for a company but as a personal forum i would say its ok.

IPB - V-Bulletin is not free and you have to pay to get the package. Although we have free forums too. PHPBB and SMF are 2 of them. There are lots of free forums but most of them arent as good as these two. I recommend V-Bulletin but when you dont have money you just have to use one of the free ones.If you really want free IPB you can register a board at http://www.zifboards.com/ . Although they give you free IPB hosting they have adverts on all your pages. And they dont let you upload templates. You can only change the CSS . For CSS Layouts you can go to IF Skin Zone. I dont remember the url. Just search it in google. The problem with invisionfree is that it has ads at the top of your pages which makes a little annoying. You can also register a IPB board for free at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ which puts ads at the bottom of you pages.Phew. I think thats the longest post ive ever made.Oh by the way. Someone told me that IPB 1.3 is free but just some illegal sites have it for download. Is it ture ?