xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anima

Mean Of Music How I think :)

In our 2005 It's a great luck to find a boy or girl who knows such groups as Pink Floyd :( , Rainbow B) , Deep Purple B) , Black Sabbath :) , ZZ TOP ;) and etc...Now everybody listening at all Rock , RNB , Pop mixes(on disko)...But I think that only 1 of 1000 song has a main idea and it's INTERESTING to listen... :) Everybody listening it because it's modern but not many teenagers want to know more about Pink Floyd and etc. ;) Let's take Beatles: everybody know that group ;) . 20 years ago everybody knew everything abot them! But now teenagers knows only the word Beatles. B) I think that music since 1999 started to degradating... And I'm sick of it! B) Even Mylen Farmer... She was singing such good and loveless songs but now F**K THEM ALL... I was shoked when I heard it from her :)The main idea of why I wrote this is just because many of us can't understand the "truth". If someone think the same as I please reply in that post...

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Do not try to bypass the censor. Do not post expletive words! And do not post in the wrong section. Did you read the forum description? This is lyrics ONLY! Moving. Your last friendly warning note.

I do agree with you about the crud that's being eatten up by todays youth.

Great music and wonderful artists are wasting their talent.

Sean Desmand is one example of a voice gone to waste...

Just because something's popular doesn't mean it's great! (*cough* William Hung :) )

And todays "rock bands" suck! Okay, yes the tunes are catchy, but they all sound the same with the same message: "Waa! No body loves me! My girlfriend doesn't love me!"

;)OH PLEASE!

I agree that there are some bands that singing interesting songs... But it's became too weak. Almost all "new" good songs were replayed from the old artists.There are some bands that just sing old songs and don't have there own, abd it's still weak because they can't sing like old artists... In our time is to modern hmm "garage" bands. They recording their songs in garage then trying to sold them to recording firms... That is all their music!It's not normal... In Russia there were TV programm called "Fabric of stars" so that means that our new "stars" are fabriced... I just can't understand WHY? Is it too hard not to allowed "stars" like that?And about new bands... I can say that I love Prodigy , Offspring and a lot of new music , new bands are really good. But in fact there are not too many of them and this is very bad.

I think someone should defend the "new" era of songs; but for me I think most of them suck, popular music isn't really all that good, but thats a genre choice not an era choice. If you want to listen to some meaningfull (at least from where I'm coming from) listen to some of the better Gothic bands (the Cruxshadows, VNV Nation, etc)

And todays "rock bands" suck! Okay, yes the tunes are catchy, but they all sound the same with the same message: "Waa! No body loves me! My girlfriend doesn't love me!"

I think you're actually talking about the genre called Emo, and yeah... thats pretty much all Emo songs are about :lol:

And about new bands... I can say that I love Prodigy , Offspring and a lot of new music , new bands are really good. But in fact there are not too many of them and this is very bad.

There are actually plenty of new bands, I live in a small town and we have 4 or 5 different local bands here; I think what you mean to say is that there isn't any "new" bands following how the oldschool greats played and sang music; which is true to a point - people will make songs about their experiences and -sadly- we aren't living in the Peace & Love era of the 60's
Put in a couple of the oldschool songs that you think are worth listening to and I'll give you some new-age songs that you should listen to (genre taken into account)

Well, you shouldn?t be so pessimist about the music scene. There aren?t gonna be another Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd or Black Sabbath. But we have to live our era and appreciate artists like The Mars Volta, Tool or Queens of the Stone Age. It?s all a question of search and not agree with every band that great music, tv and radio corporations want to sell us.I assure you that there are lots of great bands making music right now, in every country, in every city... and they?re mostly acting in the underground. You don?t need a lot of teenagers knowing about your existence to be good.