xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thebluekirby

Trends That Get Too Popluar... Why do I hold a grudge agents them @_@?

i dont really hold a grudge against people who dress 'gangster-ish' or 'punk-ish' or w.e... but i do hate when friends try to act like someone else, when you really know that thats not them, and when they start dressing like some complete different person. clothes change you :) but anyways... i dont really mind if a person doesnt dress too over the top, i think its a way that they find their own style. ;)

Ache.... Newest trend: EMO.. I totally swear emo stood for EMOTIONAL..which was a type of music...not fashion, way of life, label? :S.These days.. people are so desperate to be apart of a community type thing.. you know.. Anyways...the EMO trend is getting too popular.. there's nothing wrong with it.. just stating facts :D bet the old school are getting REALLY annoyed..I dress like ... well I don't really have a clothes sense thingy.. one day I feel posh.. the next I feel like a hobo.. rofl.

I know that is really annoying if you ask me. At school if some of the popular kids start thinking that something is cool like a certain band or something it is all that anyone ever talks about for up to a month. I just wish that people would be leaders and do what they want instead of following others.

What u guys are calling trends i prefer to call subculturs which i dont mind at all I like to classify everybody by theirs because lets face it, we all are part of one. I myself put myself in the metalhead (I dont like to call myself goth because i dont worship the devil or antyhing in fact im atheist) catagory.If you listen to rap music a wear baggy clothes your a gangster.If you listen to emo music a cut yourself your emoIf you all you think about is playing sports your a jock.I can put a label on every single teenager in america easily lol.yes you may stray away from your subculture on a few things, but lets face it. You can be labeled.what i hate are trends that are "trendy" Like those livestrong braclets (which by the way look *happy* as hell) At first they were great, helping fight cancer. But soon it became a fashion statment. Most people wearing them dont give a damn about cancer. They jsut wanna look cool. Or ipods. There are plenty of mp3 players out there that are WAY better and WAY cheaper then ipods. People jsut buy ipods because they are trendy.

I completely understand how you feel about those people who just run as a herd animals behind each other and those who must follow the recent (sometimes the ugliest or the most horribble) trends, to make sure they belong with the group. They are afraid to be unique, or create their own style.When I just thought I was going crazy was with those shoes: Uggs..Their really UGGly, (the names says it all) but because everybody wears them(the one who started with them were unique, it was kinda nice than) and wears them because they have to wear it because it is the trend. I mean, they even wear it with a clothing combination what makes me think: what in the world were you thinking girl?Anyways, not that after this note people who like Uggs will hate me, It's just my opinion that I don't really like them. but thats the point, thats because of everybody got to have them here at the moment. Its just not unique anymore.So no hard feelings if you do like them okay :D But you know, for those who have their own style, keep doing what you do...

There will always be trends.  If there wasn't then we'll all be dressed in cavemen cloths or colonial clothing.  Trends make a society move onward and advance.  Like Dvd players were just a trend, but look at it now, its everywhere.  Same with computer, there are computers in every part of the world.  People shouldn't be hating trends, you can dress whatever you want.  But, yeah I agree with you on the issue of all the Gothic and Gangsta looks everywhere.  Why can't they just dress like a normal person without all the ornate things on their clothing?

196196[/snapback]

I read your post, but why would people not be normal because of their gothic or other clothes. Clothes have been (next to the fact their just to cover your body) given a function as a material to show people who you are trough you clothes. A symbol, it reflects one anothers personality.

I believe clothes do say more about you than the most people think. It says thinks about the person who wear them

If everybody wears the same type of clothes, the world would be very insipid don't you think? Moreover, people firstly shoudl put away their preconceptions concerning people and their type of clothes they wear for once, then they will see that they will have much less problems with peole who wear gothic or gangster.

yeah even i don't like ppl copying others style..But i certainly don't my anger on them.I've seen ppl getting angry on certain person just cause that persp copies their favourite personalites.