xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bsdpowa

Selling On Ebay

I don't own a credit card and I would like someone to sell some stuff for me on Ebay.Now, say I don't personaly know the guy how can I be sure he wont rip me off? Are there ways to protect yourself?

I, personally, would not even consider using eBay without Paypal. Though, many do. The way I understand it, money order is pretty safe. You might want to look into using that.

I believe their should be options for people from other countries. But all I know now is that you must have some sort of credit card.... paypal so you pretty much cant do anything since their is charges for placing your ad in the first place. If you could some how set something up to create your account while selling you could accept only money order payment.... checks and a few more options I think.

But the idea of someone else selling for you is not such a good idea... If you know someone personally its not too bad but just getting some random person from the internet to do this sort of thing is dangerous and you could pretty much get ripped off.

For your next question of how you could be sure. Well there is actually no way to be sure that you are not going to get ripped off but what you could do it tell the person in which is going to sell for you that you want the buy now option. Think of a reasonable Price and tell him thats how much I want to sell it no more no less. Then once someone buys it he will send you the money that he received from the buyer and he will give you the information of the buyer and YOU send the product. Dont let him be in charge of the product.

The problem with the idea on top is that shipping will take forever since you said you dont have credit card or paypal or anything like that there is no direct way to send and receive money. So what your going to have to do is once the person your working with send you the information of the buyer you should ship it right away. What that means is you get the money later. This is where he could rip you off just not send the money.

For more help you can actually directly contact eBay and see if they have any options for people without credit cards and paypal. Go to http://www.ebay.com/ and click on Live Help on the top right. Its basically a chat with a support agent.

And sorry if my post is a little confusing. If you need clarification let me know.

Anyway Good Luck