xisto Community
kvarnerexpress

Word Formatting Problem

I've been given a working document to update with some new info. So, no problems I thought, but, when I'm editing it, I need to hightlight some parts by either changing the font, and either bolding it or putting the text in italics. Here lies the problem, when I try that, it changes the whole document, not just the highlighted text. Anybody know what's wrong with it ??I have a feeling whoever wrote it or edited it last has buggered the formatting and I can't seem to get this fixed out. Is there anway to remove this other than re-writing the whole document ??Cheers for any ideas on this guys.kvarnerexpress

Hmmmm. I've not heard of this problem before, although it could be dependent on your operating system and the version of the word processing software which you own.Have you tried reinstalling the word processing software. Maybe there was an error you caused. In this case, a reinstall or repair on the software may be the solution to your problem.Hope this helps :)

I havent heard of this either.Try selecting all the text and then setting it to a basic font / style.Now save the document......this might clear any document formatting errors.Now try hightlighting the bit you want and change the font.

Are you playing around with the format setting of the normal template? anyway word always has a mind of its own, it thinks it knows what to do. Hope you get it solved, without loosing to much sweat.

Hello,

The problem you are asking is not because of your Word, I think it might be some issues with your OS. Which OS are you using. may be it is not supported perfectly for your Word version. Check the compatibility in properties section. As, I never face such problem with Word. When I select or highlight a text and change the font then it will not changed to the whole document as you said.

If you still not able to get your answer then you must read this article. It is regarding the tips for word formatting. So, may be you can find a good solution here.

Regards

Edited by Pllar7680 (see edit history)