xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cesto Ode

Downloading Music? please help me

Downloading music off of th internet (be it sites, torrents or P2P file sharing) is illigal. Because you are NOT paying royalties to the artists. Sinse this all started it has been illigal, the BPI (british phonographic industry) are finding all the major UPLOADERS (people who share alot of files) and the RIAA (Recording Industry of America Accosiation) have already targeted WinMX (shut down their main network, private ones still available) and are taking actin against eDonkey. Some people say Limewire Pro is legal, this is NOT the case.

Ive dont alot of research and keep up-to-date with all this, dont ask why.

194994[/snapback]

It's illegal in most country's but not all . Here in Canada downloading music is 100% legal but as you said most country's have very strict rule's of this sort of thing. But again there is country's that any pirated software is 100% legal to share.

Yes, programs such as Limewire (P2P) are illegal. You can pay for music downloads using Napster (about 60p a track). If you were to buy tracks then broadcast them on an internet radio station / play them on a website, then that would become illegal. If your intent of downloading the tracks was to put them on a radio/on a site, you would have to get permission from the record company as they are copyright.

It's legal here wher I live, as long as you don't let others download the music off you. ^_^ But I very rarely download songs. Several artists offer fre legal downloads on their official sites so you may be in luck and find some songs your looking for.

limewire is as illegal as any other p2p program, like kazaa or napster (which is now legal because you have to pay). Any p2p program, whether pay or not (such as Limewire Pro, as cragllo said) is illegal. The difference is if you pay for the songs you download or not. and it depends on what you download. If a private band gives their music out for free, you are probably allowed to download it. If it's a band like Green Day, it's illegal. The conceptions on if you pay for the program, it is legal, if not it's illegal, is not the case.

if i have my mind set right its illegal anywhere to download music from shareware programs such as limewire and other things like that...Its more then just the USA cause its the main power in the world but lol...Its illegal eveywhere becasue you are "steeling" the music from the artist...The way i do it is buy one of there albums and i might go dl the rest or get the cds from friends... so yeah lol they are still getting money from me... but i feel thats all they need to get...

and why are we talking about how to download music and where to get illegal programs to download them. Let alone this is in the wrong forum to be posting that any way.I notice alot of old members who know the rules about these kind of posts and topics and from the looks of it this topic was never reported so I'm going closed this topic and warn the members in this topic referring to anything to find get or download music or p2p programs.