xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cesto Ode

Terrorists? What is the point?

I was in london, as im from england, when these bombs whent off. I was on the underground when they whent off,I was not scared im not now, i thorght that the hole point of what they do and did was to scare people.But now i think that they are compleatly pointless because now i still use the underground as if it never happend,I dont think that they have changed anything

in my opinion .... everything has changed.it has brought it home to me that the terrorists that the world are dealing with arent just your oddball obvious fanatics .... they are your everyday joe public.the sad thing is that you do not know if you are living near a terrorist , next door to a terrorist or living with a terrorist as the friends and family of the london bombers will probably testify to.the major depressing point is that there will not be any resolution to the problem in the near future .... it will drag on and on , like it did with the ira in northern ireland.

REALLY...i fink everythings changed initpeople are more aware of what can happen now the police now have traces to the biggest terrorists groups and they are still trying to get things out about them, their whereabouts and what they are trying to put across. But like you said what is the point?If you want to say something cant it be without getting people hurt?

May be something might have changed for lot people but according to me nothing has changed...I live in INDIA and we Indians are now used to these terrorists activities..I dont know what these terrorists want to do...why they are after INDIA...GOD KNOWS.Well these days it seems to me that these terrorists have changed their focus and have shifted their focus to western countries....and the reason to that is that we have stopped panicing....and yes this is the answer to all their activities...STOP PANICING.Now I know that it is much harder to do then saying but beleive me this is the only answer to these terrorists..because they are always trained for one thing and that is dont worry about your life but if you'll kill so many people then you'll go to heaven but we all know the truth where that terrorists will go....so if we dont care about them and we wont make them center of attraction then they will not do anything....people must stop listening to their foolish lectures...i know lot of them hear them and follow them....as one of my friend has just mentioned that may be we are living next to a terrorists...which can be true for anyone of us.I think that this post will become of more than 2 pages and i wont stop writing on this topic but i think then this will become a post against my own thoughts and that is DONT PAY ATTENTION TO :) TERRORISTS :);)

Terrorists could never change a country and its people. We are bigger than them and will just get stronger. If people have faith then there is no taking away our pride. Our armys and etc. are a lot more powerful than any terrorist group. They think they can scare us but they're wrong. With all the technology we have now, its alot harder to get away with things then it was back in the day .

over all, terriosts have a want to scare and see people panic. that's just them? why would they do that? let me ask you this. why do you like to watch TV? why do you go on the computer all the time? why are you trying so hard to do well on your test? because you feel better and entertained. That's how terrorists look at it. Of coruse, they must also have a reason behind it. some people might have been raised that way. Most terrorits think that people are crazy, to think that they are crazy because they have the want to kill people. Do you guys ever look at them from their view? they know that eventually, people will forget all about it and pretend it was something that just "happened". such as 911, for particular people. it happened so long ago that...well...no one really cares anymore. I'm not saying I'm on the terrorists side or the oposite, i'm just trying to get the point that terrorits have their reasons weither it's pointless or not. That's how it is with everything.

There are other reasons they do what they do. Most of these people are ecentrics, they believe they are doing it for "Holy" reasons. In a lot of cases they martyr themselves, to encourage younger generations to join the "Jihad". That is there way of recruiting, we have branches of military that offer training and schooling, while they take poor broke children and promise them riches in the "after life".Sadly, most of these people will never stop, there will always be someone who misinterprets their holy laws, just like the Aeriens(?), and people with other bias' and belief's. For every one that is willing to take his own life, there is probably @ least one younger brother or cousin who will try and do the same. Everytime we retaliate and kill innocent civilians, we create more of the same. Until we can educate enough of these people and teach them to help themselves to raise themselves out of this level of poverty and discontent, I don't see them slowing down.But you guys are right, backing down and being afraid will only make matters worth. It shows them that we are "weaker and unworthy", which we are not, we just have more respect for our lives, and for others lives.

While I dont live in London, I do live in England (Darlington, if you care its in Co. Durham). I also think that nothing has changed, in terms of our attitude towards terrorism, very few people (from what I can tell or have heard) are scared of terrorist or scared to use public transportation. All I think has chagned is people are no more aware of terrorism, theres no more of that 'It wont happen to us'. Hell I even think that the area around where I live is a realistic target. I mean theres an Airport, an Army Garrison not a million miles away, and some of the heaviest chemical plants in the country. Anyway my main point is all the July 7th bomings served to do was to increase peoples awareness and make future terrorist attacks more difficult.

As a North American I tend to agree with the original poster. I don't think terrorists have changed the world any more than any other catastrophe in the world. The only thing that has changed is the amount of attention terrorists get from the general public in the form of fear thanks to our "benevolent" government that puts negative labels on disagreeable groups to rally up the lynch mob. Conveniently, all this focus on terrorists takes the public's attention away from the real threat to its way of life, i.e., nationwide surveillance, legislation that errodes personal freedom, and a Department of Homeland Security that is quickly becoming a secret police force to take care of Americans who oppose the US Government.

The public, being like a herd of sheep, easily directed to believe things that in many cases don't even make sense, see the WTC fall and are willing to give up freedom to fight against not an enemy but a concept - terrorism. Instead, the public should understand that 10 times as many people die each year in the United States from firearms than died in the WTC collapse. And the government, if it could not protect us from the WTC attack or the hurricane Katrina deaths, is simply not capable of protecting the public from catastrophes, man-made or otherwise. Therefore, letting the government increase the policing of its own people is only inviting the inevitable collapse of liberty as we have known it in this country.

ok, terrorists attacks like they do because its the best way of creating panic and the best way to attack to cause most destruction with their resources.They are not a nation so cna no fight a "proper" war.You say nothings changed. . . . but it has really hasnt it. . . . hate to bring it up but that innocent (in some ways) brazillian guy was shot because of all this. Thats Wudnt have happened if the bombs didnt go off. . . .And you also say your not scared or put off by using london transport etc. . . but theres plenty of people who are scared by it. . . . . generally people who dont live in london and dont have to comute for work. . . . people who live in london and have to comute there to work are forced to just deal with the issue and stand up against the fear.If they did attacks as ofton as attacks in Iraq then i'm sure people would be scared. . . .

If people don't have the means to fight a "normal" war, they try to find other ways to get their own freedom. Since the Western World (I'm ashamed) want to own all of the eastern world, they see this as their only way to fight back. I have to say terrorism is just wrong, but I can understand.

Also, terrorism is used by our own governments to spread fear amongst their people, what is easier to control then frightened people. I think they set all this up to create this fear and hatred, since they also know resources are to be gone soon and we live here with 15 billion human beings. My ideas are somewhat radical, but I refuse to hide from the truth, wich is our own governments are telling lies to us so they can go to war and we kill our own neighbours if they have a different color then us.

I saw it last week again, when a czech friend of mine went home after a beer in the bar. Two "neo-nazi's" approached him and worked him with a flail type of weapon and since police here don't mind, they did nothing to bust those guys.

Here in Holland I see every day how the anger between races is growing, more and more skinheads pop up and some of the "black" population also does illogical things. I have a kid, his mom told me I have to tell him he has to stick wth his own race.. heh ^_^ no way!

And for muslims... Here in Holland we have to thank them for a lot... They did all the dirty work wich we didnt wanna do like for example working in sewers and cleaning. And people forget where we get all our wealth from... We STOLE it hundreds of years ago from Arabic and African lands.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
I understand what you were TRYING to say but your words got in the way and came out all wrong. I have placed a black highlight but did not censor your words. Next time please use better judgment and proof read before making a comment like yours. Anyone using this portion of the quote will be warned and post deleted. Thank you.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)