xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ZeroHawk

Nhl 2006 Vs Nhl 2k6

Hockey's back, so I wanna get a hockey game. But I don't know which one. I'm leaning towards 2k6, it seems more realistic and the minigames seem fun. Then again, 2006's graphics and controls look better.Can any of you help me decide?

All I can say about NHL 2006 is the fact that players haven't been updated. I'm a hardcore Penguins fan, and Sidney Crosby is not on the game. Now I heard you might be able to download the current rosters, but its pretty pitiful when you put a product into the market that is already outdated. I heard the graphics are really good though. I can't give you opinions on the other game as I have not seen nor read about it, but as for my view on NHL 2006 I'd get it only if you could update the rosters...good game.

I've still got 2K3, but I can tell you this: It's an excellent game (why am I stuck on 2K3? B/c that's the last one to come out on the GC, I'm getting an XBox 360 when that comes out so I'll get NHL 2K6 on that). 2K3 is actually pretty realistic for the most part, much better than NHL 2002 (which I also have). 2002 is way too arcady, far from realistic. I'd say that 2K3 is more professional than 2002.From what I've read, the rosters on the Xbox and PS2 versions are not up to date even as of when the season started. I'm hoping that the Xbox 360 ones will be for 2K6 (btw, 2K6 is getting better rating if that helps any; and as a hockey player I can tell you that 2K6, from what I've heard, and from what I know from having 2K3, is a much more realistic simulation; they've pretty much added everything that 2K3 needed to be more realistic).

I should also mention that from the previews and stuff about the Xbox 360 version of 2K6, they are actually adding features as opposed to removing them (EA is taking some key features out of the 2006 Xbox 360 version, and I don't think they're doing anything to the graphics either). The NHL 2K6 Xbox 360 version's graphics have gotten super-amped. They look really, really good, almost like watching TV (but not quite, not yet).

well sinse i own an xbox i will give you my view on the xbox version. there is a tough competition in my honest opinion, we have nhl 2k6 and 2006 to me they are both great games but one thing stands out overall, is the gameplay, 2k6 announcers are excellent and the sound is just downright amazing, but on the other hand 2006 seems to be a bit more "cartoony" if thats even a word lol, but it seems liek the players are way out of proposion, and to me it just dont work, but the positive thing about 2006 to me seems to be the glitches, there are few if any glitches for 2006 as opposed to 2k6 were the wrap around always make the goalie liek swiss cheese, which makes for very frustrating gameplay overall so they both seem as if they were in the rite direction this year, but as for choosing a verdict it would be the bottom line is that both games are really, really great this year, but if I had to choose one it would be ea is better

i prefer 2k6 becuase as already stated it is more of a arcade style game. Just what you would want out of a hockey game. I also do like the fact that they make roster updates and i agree with CbK Voldsom that the roster updates appear to be out sooner the NHL 2006.

Umm not to get myself banned for making a small, somewhat pointless post, but I think I should point something out. Triple everything you just said is opposite what I said, maybe you should try refrasing stuff, so that you actually agree with me, and make yourself more clear. Sorry to any moderators about this post, you can just warn me if you like... but dont please...