xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
boyCradle

Smtp cant send emails

I just set up Mozilla Thunderbird. It is my first time to use an email client although I have heard of POP3, Microsoft Outlook and Thunderbird along time ago, just that I am too lazy to configure everthing and I thought it was much easier to use a web-based email account like Gmail.My problem now is - I can't send messages from my Trap 17 email account. It says it has a failure connecting to the SMTP server (or the outgoing server). I used correct server url. Does anyone having the same problem? I have downloaded the emails to my PC but I can't send messages.I set up Thunderbird beacuse my client (I design websites), wants his employees to have their own email addresses from their company domain, and I want to know how this thing works before I could create their account. If I can't do it right on my account there would be a big chance that I will be having problems with their emails as well.

Your email client is giving you the can't connect to SMTP server.....This is probably your firewall settings actually. Let me guess, Norton Internet Security probably. You also are more than likeley using the Service Pack 2 for Windows XP.You'll need to open the SMTP port in your firewall. SMTP port is 25 and the POP port is 110. I suggest opening in and out transfers for both ports.That should solve your problems assuming that this is the problem. Like said before, be sure that you enter your SMTP server settings in your mail client.vujsa

My SMTP server address is correct, as well as the POP and SMTP ports. My Mcafee firewalls allows the connection for Thunderbird to the internet. what could be the problem.