xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
reatum

Problems Activating Hosting Account username and password invalid

I just got the email to start my Xisto site. I clicked on the link to https://support.xisto.com/ and filled out all of the appropriate information.

My username was 8 characters, no special characters.
My subdomain was re-atum, as edited from my forum handle since they don't allow the underscore.

I don't know what is going on, and hopefully someone can help.

Thanks in advance.

"re-atum" was this changed by OpaQue or by you? When you applied for re_atum, it probably was set with the underscore. Reply back as to who changed it. If you changed it without administrator knowing about it, chances are that you have to PM OpaQue to straighten things out. But reply here so that we know what the next step should be.And just to cover basics, there are two types of username and password you have to use when activating. The first is the forum username and password. The second is your cPanel username, which is Re_Atum, and makeup a password for your cPanel.

You are still approved for hosting and Your username is still valid.When entering forum username, ENTER as it is.For Cpanel username, NO SPECIAL CHARACTERS. NOT EVEN UNDERSCORES OR HYPENS.

You are still approved for hosting and Your username is still valid.

When entering forum username, ENTER as it is.

For Cpanel username, NO SPECIAL CHARACTERS. NOT EVEN UNDERSCORES OR HYPENS.

193337[/snapback]

Here's what's going on.. I click the link: Create a Hosting Account.

It brings me to the screen that asks for the information.

I originally filled it out with Re_Atum, and it rejected it saying that domain names cannot contain any special characters except (-) so I changed the (_) to a (-) which it then generates the following:

Processing.. Please wait!. Do not hit RELOAD or BACK..

Username Validated.

Connecting to Database...

Database Connection Established.

Validating username and password..

INVALID USERNAME AND PASSWORD!

I am going to PM OpaQue as recommended by BuffaloHELP. Hopefully I can get this straightened out soon. I am so sick of geocities.

Re_Atum,No, what OpaQue is saying is that your cPanel name CANNOT have special characters. So, if you used Re_Atum as your cPanel username, that's what the process is rejecting it. Please try it again without any special characters. For example, reatum.PS:OpaQue, Re_Atum applied subdomain name as re_atum.trap17.com but when tried to activate that name, the error message appeared. So this member changed it to re-atum.trap17.com. Will that cause this error?

Re_Atum,No, what OpaQue is saying is that your cPanel name CANNOT have special characters. So, if you used Re_Atum as your cPanel username, that's what the process is rejecting it. Please try it again without any special characters. For example, reatum.

Yeah, I tried to do that. a portion of my email address (-@yahoo.com of course) which contains no special characters, I tried reatum, i tried simply atum, i tried a whole bunch of different usernames that I just can't seem to get to work.

::Confused::
Re_Atum

I just got hold of OpaQue and he recommends that you do not include anything in your subdomain, either. Which means, your subdomain should be like reatum.trap17.com. If this is alright with you, OpaQue has currently adjusted your subdomain. Please use cPanel username as reatum as well.Thank you.

I just got hold of OpaQue and he recommends that you do not include anything in your subdomain, either. Which means, your subdomain should be like reatum.trap17.com. If this is alright with you, OpaQue has currently adjusted your subdomain. Please use cPanel username as reatum as well.

Thank you.

193805[/snapback]

This is soooooooo frustrating.. I don't know what I'm doing wrong no special characters anywhere on the page except for my forum details now, and I am still getting errors, maybe OpaQue didn't get the chance to adjust the subdomain. I don't know.. this is driving me nuts. I'm still getting INVALID USERNAME AND PASSWORD, but all of my information is good. WHY ME??!!

Thank you for being so patient.Your activation is complete! Congratulations and welcome to Xisto Free Web Hosting. Your forum username has been changed to what previously discussed. Your password is the temporarily set password you and I agreed. Don't forget to check your email you provided for Xisto for further details. Also, please change your forum password AND your cPanel password once you access them.Your hosting credits have been reset to 2. This is designed to keep members active in our forum and is normal.I'll leave this thread open for little longer before closing it. If there are any other questions, please feel free to contact administrators or moderators via PM.

Thank you for being so patient.

Your activation is complete! Congratulations and welcome to Xisto Free Web Hosting. Your forum username has been changed to what previously discussed. Your password is the temporarily set password you and I agreed. Don't forget to check your email you provided for Xisto for further details. Also, please change your forum password AND your cPanel password once you access them.

Your hosting credits have been reset to 2. This is designed to keep members active in our forum and is normal.

I'll leave this thread open for little longer before closing it. If there are any other questions, please feel free to contact administrators or moderators via PM.

194118[/snapback]

I'm just glad it wasn't me being a moron. Thanks for all of your help

Thanks for all of your help

Yes i know...the staff here is really helpfull. I like the staff. I had problems with my hosting set up too. But they helped me all the time and my hosting is now set up properly...so...:

Thank you all Xisto (and Xisto) staff who help us so much and good.