xisto Community
bonniecool

Water Fuel Engine?

I happened to stumble over this subject, its funny cause me and my bro where looking it up yesterday, because of the sudden BOOM in diesel pricesThe way a water fueled car works...the tank is filled as normal but with water!.. there is a box (sorry thats all i can describe it as) that makes a chemical reaction causing the h2o to become oxygen(o) and hydrogen(h2) its actually the HYDROGEN thats used not the water! the plus side of using this technology???When hydrogen is burned its bi-product is, wait for it, water so it loops over and over occasionally needing a top up! it smelly lovely mother nature loves it (no pollution) if we were to use it sure wed put oil companies out of business however they'd find somewhere to use it like plastic :) plastic is oil!If anyone is worried about the boom in oil prices you can use normal cooking oil mixing it 10% deisel to 90% rapeseed oil is the best but normal cooking oil will suffice however make sure you can find an mot guy that can keep his mouth SHUT! or about a couple of days later switch back to diesel and theres no worries!hope this helps karlosantana

I'm pretty sure they've come up with a water or hydrogen powered engine, but if you think about it, it would kind of suck to have one. If everyone started getting them, they would start charging a lot of money for water. The more people want something, the more it's going to cost. Then a bunch of people in poor countries where water isn't as abundant won't be able to get any. That would just suck.What we need is an oxygen powered engine. They can't really charge for air, can they? I just hope they never find out how make you pay for air...

A water engine is very unrealistic, it probably exsist but it would serve no purpose. The water engine would have to do vast amounts of water to propell a car and the car size would increase by like 5x to beable to support enough water to last as long as a full tank of gas. On the other hand though the fuel cell is becoming very popular and the by product of hydrogen of course is water. The main issue with these fuel cells is that its extremley dangerous, although they have done a good job of reducing the risk with a very secure cell. Although when a hydrogen station explodes its alot different from a gas station, it would cause a much greater explosion. Take for example the hydrogen bomb thats what could be caused if something were to go terribly wrong.

The water as fuel concept is interesting. If the method of separating the hydrogen from water is one that actually works, it will be interesting to see how much water by volume is necessary to create sufficient hydrogen to take your vehicle out and bring it back home. Storing hydrogen in the form of water for chemical release is a very safe way to keep it, since water is non-volatile. The only mystery is the amount of hydrogen that can be extracted from the water. There is also an interesting possibility of extracting water from the steam that is the natural result of hydrogen combustion.

Is there any ready data in laymens terms about the conversion rates of water into hydrogen under this method? Because if it comes out anywhere near the apparent volume of hydrogen in water, it appears that 10 gallons of water (roughly 86 lbs.) would be more than adequate. 20 lbs of hydrogen is a WHOLE lot of hydrogen in an uncompressed state, so some sort of safe compression technology would need to be employed -probably in a vacuum or near vacuum, or with an inert gas like argon or something to create the pressure for compression.

Hydrogen is very volatile in its natural state, inviting itself to combine with oxygen, in order to become less volatile. But the trick is that the process of combining itself with oxygen is a danger to humans, and the property we have developed. It will tend to explode, no doubt. But you need not fear a nuclear explosion. Ambient or compressed hydrogen lacks the electron speed to force the fusion reaction it would require to create a thermonuclear reaction. Therefore, a thermonuclear explosion as the hydrogen bomb produces is out of the question. But, the next best thing, a fuel/air bomb of some type is highly possible with hydrogen as the fuel source. That said, there appears to be enough technology around to manage hydrogen. You can buy compressed hydrogen at any welding supply store. I have seen truckloads of compressed hydrogen on the interstate highway system, so its volatility is able to be controlled. The best proof of this is the space shuttle, which is launched using liquid (compressed) hydrogen, and its single launch failure was due to a problem with its SOLID rocket boosters. So hydrogen is relatively safe, when handles properly.

The idea of using hydrogen generated from water as a fuel source is certailny worth looking into. I am just going to have to try the experiment mentioned in the link. If it works, my family can save a few dollars a day. Not bad. Oh, BTW, I saw a guy driving a water powered (so he said) chevy truck around Atlanta, GA about a month ago. I didn't get a chance to talk to him because he was going too fast. But his truck had water-powered written all over it, along with a web link. I wrote it down, but can't remember where it is right now. If I find it, I will post it here.

Could really be on to something... Let's see.

Cells that use soft water as fuel are not acceptable. If we can use hard water such as the water directly from the oceans, it would be a breakthrough technology and could change the future of energy crisis and world economics! But my little chem knowledge tells me that it is almost next to impossible. Coz you would either have to heat-up that water or break it down to it's constituent elements. But that would give us salts as the residue which damages the apparatus!!

Oil companies will close down once oil becomes rare and automobile companies will have to find alternate fuels.

Is this come kind of a joke??? :):D:D Take a look at this picture:

Posted Image

Thsi is a regular sight in many countries. Even in upscale cities like mumbai(India), we get water for just 4 hrs a day. This has become a way of life. True, we have a borewell connection for every building but that provides only hard water.

It also isn't easy to create water!!!! You can take out Hydrogen and Oxygen from water but you can't make water just by adding H and O!!!!!

Last night I read in the papers that some famous seer has predicted that the 3rd world war would be for possession of drinking water!! This is a serious issue guys.

This is my plea to everyone. Please donot waste precious water. By saving water you may not help other countries but you can ensure that your nation does not face a water crisis in the near future.

There is a SERIOUS water crisis in Georgia, Alabama, and Florida. These 3 states are on the verge of going to war over water in the next 2-3 years, if drought conditions continue to get worse. One answer, of course is to quit sh---ing in water. We need to find a waterless toilet system that zaps our wastes dry and disposes of it in the land some kind of way. This would help create more arable land, and do away with a source of pollution, while freeing up huge amounts of water now being wasted and flushed away. John Q. Plumber was a great man in his day. But I think John has outlived his usefulness...

I was quite excited yesterday to hear in the news that Honda is releasing a new car in 2012 that will be ableto live soly on water with no waste products other than hydrogen peroxide, which with the helop of energy from the sun rays will break down into free oxygen, which will under certain conditions be able to fuse into ozone, and waterm which will fall down on Earth as rain to be a source for even more fuel for the car. That sounds pretty sweet, I am considering bying on eof those cars once they come out.

Is this true that the water fuel engine has already existed??Engines modified to run with a combination of water with gasoline, check "water4gas.com'!

Edited by Angelo (see edit history)

Specification of the invention of water powered car

Water Fuel Engine?

Invented by a Mr Francois P. Cornish (UK)

Tested successfully by BMW in 1981

Patented in 1982

SPECIFICATIONS:

Water reacted cleverly with aluminium, producing Hydrogen and Aluminium Oxide.

Hydrogen is collected and sprayed in a standard carburettor like with methane-gas.

A 900 kg car runs 600 km on 20 litres of water and 1 kg of aluminium.

Clean energy apart from the process of refining Bauxite into aluminium.

The only exhaust product of a hydrogen engine is water!

A coil 21 of aluminium wire 22 is fed through a push-pull unit 23 of the kind used to feed welding wire to argon arc welding devices. The unit 23 is arranged to feed the wire against the surface of the drum 19 and to traverse the wire along the length of the drum on a bar 24. The wire passes along an insulating sleeve 25 which enters the tank 10 through a suitable wiper seal.

In the vessel 17 there is a pressure sensor 26 connected to a control unit 27. When the pressure sensor senses a pressure above a predetermined value, it signals the control unit 27 which in turn stops the unit 23 so that wire is no longer fed towards the drum 19. When the pressure drops again, feeding is resumed.

In use, the coil 21 is connected to the high tension side of two ignition coils or transformers 30 and 33. These transformers have primary windings 31 and 34 and secondary, high tension windings 32 and 35. A capacitor 36 is connected across the high tension connections. The terminals 28 and 29 are connected to a conventional vehicle battery.

At the point of contact between the end of the wire 22 and the drum 19 an electrical discharge takes place. As a result the adjacent metal surfaces are heated to high temperature, the protective oxide film which naturally forms on exposed aluminium surfaces is disrupted, and the exposed aluminium surfaces react with the water. In fact the electrochemical situation at the interface is such that the wire 22 is consumed with the following reaction taking place.

2Al + 3H2O ---> Al2O3 + 3H2

As a result, hydrogen bubbles from the contact point while the aluminium oxide collects as a white powder in the base of the tank 10. A grid 37 in the bottom of the tank allows the powder to pass through, and then keeps the powder substantially free from currents in the tank 10. The hydrogen passes through the vessel 17 and the orifice 18 to the carburettor of an internal combustion engine.

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE GO TO:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

-Alex Szatmary

It Will Work!

Water Fuel Engine?

First off, I'm glad this thread is here. That means other people are thinking about alternative propulsion methods.

To get to the next level of efficient responsible automotive technology, forget everything you know about internal combustion engines and hybrids. The real solution resides outside of anything requiring the burning of fossil fuels. (electricity is commonly generated by coal-fired plants, so forget your plug-in cars too)

Vehicle owners are falsely held captive to the idea that all cars must burn "something" to get propulsion. Currently, oil companies (aka Energy Conglomerates) are providing that "something" at immesurable cost in terms of both currency and humanity. For no other reason than to perpetuate wealth by peddling dinosaur blood. Other technologies have existed for several decades, but the oil providers would have you believe differently!

For example, the original intended fuel for Diesel engines was not petroleum-based. It was vegetable-based. All those converted BioDiesel Mercedes cars on the road today are simply returning to their roots!

But to get to the heart of the matter, a new technology must emerge. If I were an independently and infinitely wealthy man I would bet on the silenced innovations of Joseph Papp from the 1970's. He proposed the "Noble Gas Plasma Engine" (US Patent 3670494) as the next step in propulsion tech. In essence, a perpetual engine that lasts for hundreds of thousands of miles.

The future is knocking. Who will answer?

-reply by Bob667

What is the source of energy ?Water Fuel Engine?Replying to bonniecoolReplying to GoosestafHi everyoneThe decomposition of H2O into elements, takes energy and combustion reaction gives it back.Well, then water can be supposed as storage of energy. The question is " What is the source of energy ? "Maybe solar panels can provide the required energy for decomposition.Tell me what do you think ?-reply by mahbod

Get it straight, if refining oil took as much energy to produce gasoline as you get out of it, do you think oil companies would be in business? Obviously there is more usable energy realized in burning gasoline than invested in the refining process, not to mention the lower grade potential (BTU'S) in the heavy oil by products.

The same is true of water HHO producing devices (utilizing magnetic force), which merely act as refineries that liberate oxygen from hydrogen, the energy consumed by even crude devices is dwarfted by the potential energy release of combusting hydrogen (explosive force), converting it to heat energy (zero point energy) or (equipotential) or (natural state) and the resulting by product of water.

-reply by continental power

INFORMATION FOR INTERESTED PEOPLEWater Fuel Engine?

ON JUNE 30, 2009 THE PATENT OFFICE AWARDED A PATENT FOR A WATER FUELED ENGINE THAT USES THE WASTE HEAT OF THE ENGINE TO CRACK THE WATER INTO HYDROGEN AND OXYGEN. THE HYDROGEN FUELS THE ENGINE WHILE THE OXYGEN IS USED TO CREATE ELECTRICITY IN AN EXHAUST GAS GENERATOR. CHECK IT OUT AT USPTO PATENT # 7,552,702, WATER FUELED ENGINE. 

-reply by CHUCK STONE