xisto Community
Cerb

Turn Down Your Headphones! ... before I shove them so far.......

Even thought people can find it rude, the people who are listening to the music on the headphones well...they're trying to show off their personality and wish to see how people react to them. In the end, they don't care if the music is bothering you or not, nor are they trying to be "cool". like i said, they're trying to show off their personalities and just be themselves. what's wrong with that?

You answered your question in your own post. IT BOTHERS PEOPLE!!! Plus, you cannot say that some of the morons don't do it to bother or to be cool, because they do. They don't want to show off their personalities. That can be done in many, many more ways other than blasting music into your head and making others listen to it.

I don't get the point of turning up your headphones very loud... It's VERY bad for your hearing if you listen to very loud music for more than half an hour on your headphones. Not only that, but other people can hear what you are listening to if you don't have a decent pair of headphones! Most people will just think "I like this song, and I like it so much, I just might turn up the volume so that this guy sitting next to me hears it too!". Well, that's usually what I try to avoid... I don't want somebody to hear what I am listening to, because I immediately try to put myself in their situation - how would I feel if a guy sitting next to me started playing some loud & crappy country music on his iPod or USB mp3 player??? It is my opinion that doing this is an equivalent of stuffing your face with a big mac meal (releasing some sorts of pig-like sounds), or sneezing like a complete retard, holding your chest, instead of your mouth/nose, while somebody is standing next to you!

mm I completely agree. not a lot of people do it where I live, mostly because they all have ipods with those little earphones.but for some reason I love when people blast their ghetto music on their car radio...and sometimes they can't use a cd or something, and you can hear the ads on the radio blasting too ;) they're trying to look so cool and gangster while making everyone listen to an albertsons commercial. :)