xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Gr4ve_Digger

Homeworld 2 A sudgesttion 2 buy

ok, i've played alot of rts games, but so far the best from the Age of Empires genre (you start with 1 main building and from there make an army to win a battle) this is the best yet.It has a total 3d world, you can play as the Hiagaran or the Vaygur (sorry i dn't know how 2 spell them), but the single play only as the Hiagaran. With the 3d world aspect you ships and camera can go basically anywhere is the sphere of the universe that is your battle feild, although it takes some getting used to, the tatics are more realistic than most games, you can't go running in with a whole lot of destroyers and frigates as the fighter and bomber craft will take you out beacuse you have no point defense system.So far i haven't gotten a bad report from it. A must hav.

I play homeworld 1 a lot, but in there, you play either Kushan or Taiiden. I prefer Taiiden. But we downloaded a trial of Homeworld 2 from the Sierra website and it ran very slowly. Does anyone know the base storyline for the sequel? In the first Homeworld, you're trying to get back to your homeworld, and the other race is trying to stop you. But if you reach the homeworld in the end of the first game, are you defending it in the second or something?

The second homeworld focuses on the homeworld being attacked. This initial battle seems like the focus of the game, but you will eventually find out the main plot involves finding an old relic that enables super technology.The game makes several improvements over the old homeworld by enabling better selection of units, and most importantly, the units choose the best target. For example, fighters will go after bombers, capital ships after frigates and other capital ships. The graphics are much improved, and the neat part is that capital ships can have submodules built on to them to improve them. The game as a whole is a blast to play.The only problem is that the multiplayer aspect. Not enough people play online to have enough fun games. Especially a problem for beginners, the pool of players are extremely experienced online.

I found the homeworld 2 campaign one of the best single player yet. Incredibly hard, and unlike other games where you always start with a capitol and worker type, you take your whole army along. It works perfectly because throughout the whole campaign your under attack and your be hard pressed to build up a full army let alone keep it at maximum force.Multiplayer is fun for some time, but after a few rounds I found it to be always the same, build up huge fleets and have a massive battle at the end. Not really too much strategy and tactics are too hard to pull of because of slow ship speed and hyperspace warping costs too much to send a massive fleet through.Conquest: Frontier Wars is also a excellent multiplayer space simulation. Each race having it's own tactics, however those tactics are also limited. Conquest 2: The Vyrium Uprising should be coming out soon, gamefaqs says Q3 2005 but there are few sources so I'm a bit worried.