xisto Community
moldboy

Setting Processor Type in the BIOS

I have a coputer about a year and half old, anyway last night I had to reset the BIOS due to some unplesnentness, which I'm not willing to discuss. Anyway that went well however now the computer thinks the process is AMD athalon XP 2500+ when it actualy is a 3200+, I know this for a fact it is printed on the processor (I checked). Anyway when I was in the BIOS a wile ago I thought I saw I clock setting option, anyway now I can't find it. Can anyone tell me where in the BIOS these options should be. Some Specs:Board: nVidia-nForce2 SoltekBIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 11/28/2003Precessor: 3200+, 1.65v, L2 Cache 512kb, Max FSB 400mhz

Sorry its hard to tell that. I dont know your bios settings. Maybe there's a setting that you can change your CPU clock. Like my bios.Is there any autoset-up or auto detect? lol!As i have known bios automatically detects your processor speed.

Sorry I forgot about this thread, I fixed the problem, turns out the FSB frequency was set at the default 166mhz rather then the 200 it should have been, thanks for your help.

for your bois

Setting Processor Type

Going on hard learn about bios ... If you don't wanna hard learn..You'll never can take it easy...I always learn everyday...So I have take it my bios over...Good luck...From Indonesia

-reply by ayoethd