xisto Community
ElBandoneonWEbsite

Mozilla's Thunderbird, E-mail Client.

I was wondering if anyone was using that insted of Outlook, I just downloaded and I like it a lot better, but it has certain things that aren't good at all. Welll just wanted to know if anyone else was using this program, and if you are, how do you set it up, so when you open it, you use a password, I have to enter a password when I conecct to the server, but when I open it, no need for password, so anyone that seats on the computer and opens Thunderbird can see all my old e-mail, not new ones, for that it requires conecction to the main server and you need the password, but still....

I use Thunderbird, but it was downloaded from my school's IT, so it comes with a config executable that puts together all the settings, so I didn't need to change anything. This also means that I don't know how to solve your problem, but it is doable, because when I launch the program, it asks for a password..

I used Thunderbird before I was on Linux. Now I use Evolution which is native to Ubuntu, so my suggestions might be false due to running on my memory, but isn't there a master Password setting for Thunderbird? Look under Edit > Preferences to find it (I think). Removing the master Password should clear the requirement to enter it on start-up. Adding a Master password will require one on start-up (I think).Thunderbird worked great for my while I was using it.