xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DreamCore

Codename: Longhorn The new Microsoft project

https://www.microsoft.com/ja-jp

Longhorn Operating System

Windows WinFX Developer Technologies Will Be Available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003

CodeName: Longhorn will deliver major improvements in user productivity, important new capabilities for software developers, and significant advancements in security, deployment and reliability.

"Getting 'Longhorn' to customers in 2006 will provide important advances in performance, security and reliability, and will help accelerate the creation of exciting new applications by developers across the industry," said Bill Gates, Microsoft chairman and chief software architect.

Microsoft will deliver a Windows storage subsystem, code-named "WinFS," after the "Longhorn" release. The new storage system provides advanced data organization and management capabilities and will be in beta testing when the "Longhorn" client becomes available.

Cant wait until the beta??? Then take a look at the screenshoots!

a topic has been made about this subject already use the search function next time to add your input so to keep the forums clean of repeat topics.

Beta 1 is there and the name has changed to Windows Vista

191206[/snapback]

Yeah, I was just about to ask what's up with the name change? I saw some screenshots, looks great, but I'd expect the same ol' windows with a shiny new shell.

Anyone have a good tutorial for linux? Cant figure it out on my own.

I'm looking forward to the new windows. Everything is so much nicer, the graphic and the default taskbar and everything. I tried the beta 1 and it was awesome except for a few bugs (like the search engine doesn't really work) and my computer was extremely too slow to run the operating system. It takes more than 5 mintues for it to boot up into window. And the new internet explorer 7.0 that comes with the new windows looks nice too. And yes, it can be run on a 32bits too, since my computer is way too old to be a 64 bits.

The beta looks like one to avoid for the moment.It wouldnt complete the install on my pc and a friend of mine is having no end of problems with it .... hardware not working and lockups galore.

The beta looks like one to avoid for the moment.

It wouldnt complete the install on my pc and a friend of mine is having no end of problems with it .... hardware not working and lockups galore.

193040[/snapback]

the only thing i encounted while having window long horn installed on my computer is my modem doesn't work. It keeps having errors and i couldn't get online which sucks because i have to turn on my other computer and share the internet through the network. I would have kept longhorn on my computer if i had an activation key.