xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
andrescasta

Mobility 7500

I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 and I am DESPERATELY trying to install ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 Win2k drivers. There was an anonymous posting from a user who said that the drivers worked but that he had to download a modder tool to install them. What is a modder tool? Has anyone else had any success installing these drivers on a Dell Inspiron 5100?andrescasta

Is the ATI Mobility the card that came with your computer, or is it a replacement? If it came with your computer, I strongly suggest using the Dell provided drivers- Dell does a pretty good job of being sure their drivers work with their components. They also include a serial # tag on the case for you to use on their website to get a component listing with links to the drivers if you need an update.If it is a replacement, things can quickly get more complicated. You might want to let us know how you came across the card, and what's happened so far.Have you tried installing the drivers already? If so, were there problems, and if so to that, what were the error messages?Knowing that would greatly help us help you. Please let us know, and we'll do what we can for you.kservice

Okay, I know a fair bit about this and am active over here. Its the mobility section of Rage3D.

What you want to do is to get the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI (without the CCC Catalyst Control Center) and download the Catalyst modder from Patje (hosted in driverheaven.net/patje I think, you can find the exact link from the above site) After a few steps with the modder the ATI drivers can be installed on any Mobility Radeon and will offer far better performance than any driver provided from the system integrator.

However, with the older cards there may be some stability problems as I've seen with my old laptop (ATI Mobility Radeon M6, one version older than your card) so nothing is guaranteed.