xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Moody

Step By Step Siggy.... help me pls

Oke guys, I think you know i'm doing photoshop since a few days.....The problem is, i'm still not good at it (i'm not a computer freak, so i'm also not on 24/7, you know school and stuff :ph34r: ) Oke, now i have a question....my idea was to make a sort of 'step by step siggy'. That means, i'm going to post every step i'm doing here (background, render ....) and you can give me feedback....say what i have to change and so on....I'm not asking you to be available all day. Just see now and then if I post something new and give me feedback about that part....Oke, if a few people wanna help me, I would be very pleased. The first question is ofcourse: wich brushes are we going to use?Thanks in advance,MoodyPs. I didn't know where to post this, so i put it here....

sounds like a really great idea. ill be here now and then to see what your doing. im not a pro at any of this but i can give you feedback on the looks and ideas on what do to or what to change. as for the technical know-how i fear i wont be up to the task with much of it. :ph34r: Lucas

Step-by-Step, eh? I predict a lot of comments, after the first few layers. I dont think much advice can be given during the first few, besides keeping balance between dark and light.

well ill be helping you when i can... but my advice right now is dont use the same brushes for each of your sigs... it looks stupid some times and dont use the TOO popular brushes... aka Metal-CX's brushes because most of the time the sigs turn out to be looking like some1 elses in another forum... trust me ive used Metal-CX's brushes b4 :ph34r:

Just use which ever brush you want. Pick one that looks good. Go to deviantart.com and check out all the brushes that have high ratings. Usually, you'll find that it's all of Metal-CX's brushes and alias's brushes (http://xaliasx.deviantart.com/). Download those.Then just pick a random brush set that you have and start brushing. Once you have your background, pick a render that will go with it. :-/

also a good suggestion would be to look at the other tutorials first to see what has been posted already and if its something that is not posted or that you have a better idea on how to do it then shoot.

Sorry that it took so long, but i've to do much with school and stuff. Here's the background and i know it's not good. So tell me what to do....

Posted Image

I'd make a new layer, then brush some white on the black areas and then change the layer mode to overlay. Some parts look a bit too blury. I'd sharpen them a bit. Then i'd add a new adjustment layer: levels, to try and add more depth. Then i'd worry about what render to use, or just go straight to color.

Hmmm... sharpening the blurry areas would be a good idea. The contrast between the black and white is a little much for me to handle, but perhaps if I hadn't been staring at a computer screen for the past 6 hours straight, I might not think so...Oh and where did you end up getting the brushes?