xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GeT HeXD

Gas=shooting Up Oh no

I think that those prices are rather exaggerated but I do agree that this is insane. We all know that oil refineries in Florida do not effect the amount of refined fuel in Kansas because they have their own oil refineries. What we need to do is tell the oil companies that we are tired of their price hikes just to make some extra profit. I hope that gas prices go down not up.

Here in the Toronto Ontario area, gas prices are about $1.10/liter (Canadian). So that would be about US$3.70/gal.There's some talk about prices going up to around $2.00CAD/liter (US$6.50/gal) but that's just rumor and speculation. It really makes you wonder if the rumors are started by the oil companies so they can justify raising the prices.We have our own oil and gasoline reserves and I'm not sure exactly why Texas refineries being out of commission should affect us so much.Yesterday, people were lining up at gas stations to fill up before prices go up. Some people were waiting over an hour to get gas. And this was all because of the rumors! By the afternoon, gas stations had actually run out of gas because of the high demand and had to wait for refueling before they could open again.End result at the end of the day? No increase in price but they sold a ton of gas. :ph34r:

Yesterday, people were lining up at gas stations to fill up before prices go up. Some people were waiting over an hour to get gas. And this was all because of the rumors! By the afternoon, gas stations had actually run out of gas because of the high demand and had to wait for refueling before they could open again.

End result at the end of the day? No increase in price but they sold a ton of gas.  :ph34r:

189618[/snapback]

From an economics stand point, you answered you own question as to why gas prices are going up. "People were lining up at gas stations to fill up before prices go up." This demand in fact creates a smaller supply. Even if no shortage would have been caused by oil producers, the simple fact that people are filling up in anticipation of an event, causes the event to happen. Its a really messed up catch twenty two.

I heard gas should be about $6.00 in NJ by Wednesday. NJ has probably one of the lowest in the country so I would expect some other states to go up to $8-$9, maybe $10.

189578[/snapback]

The whole gas problem is bad. What are people suppose to do when gas is so expensive. I think it's getting a little ridiculous. I think if our "president" wanted to keep his people safe he would do more for them. Look at all the problems down south. The flooding thats happening is because none of the areas hit were prepared for hurricanes. I think that's our countrys fault. I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I think it's pathetic.

I think gas will be on the rise for a while. The Hubbert Oil Graph predicted this a long time ago. I am a major environmentalist, so gas falls into a catogory that I like to research on.The worlds oil is starting to get low. Soon, gas will take a major rise, then, we should start to look for alternative energy. That is my take on it.

don't get me started with Gas prices again, we pay an average of 2.80 CAD per litre in Turkey so consider yourselves lucky :ph34r:to better give you an idea, I fill up a corolla for around 120 CAD which is approximately 100 US.

Gas will keep geting high as long bush is in the white house.And its not the hurricane because it was headed there before the hurricane even came.Regular gas is 2 times more then supreme gas use to be.Thats pretty high and its raising.It will be $200 a gallon soon and then bill gates will be the only one driving and a bus will cost more then a limo does now.

People around the world are feeling the pinch now. Even that the city that I am living in relies heavily on public transport, there are talks of fee hikes because of the gas price. That's really bad because people with cars and turn to public transport but people on public transport have no where to resort to. We all hope that there will be no hurricane in the Gulf Coast again or the price would continue to linger on the high end in the near future.

I wouldnt be surprised if people were to just get gas and drive away now. I have already heard of one guy that did that in toronto. This reminds of a joke i guy walks up to the counter of a gas station and says fill er up.