xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
solankyno1

3gb Email

Yahoo's 100M is more than good enough for me, but just out of curosity due to the comments about domain names, I went to see what they offered...MyQuickMail.comMyQuickMail.ussgies.comNoTech.usMyHTTPmail.comPc4me.usTechieTechnology.com <-- :rolleyes:

I agree with clouds 421. What shall i do with 3 gb space? And the domains are not good... I think gmail rules, and you can add the 1gb of the gmail on your pc via the drive shell extension... And gmail is very organised, and it will even improve, cz its still at beta version...

but you gotta remember gmail is still in the beta stages

Gmail has been in beta forever..that doesnt mean that theyare not productively usable. In fact, they have been usable
for a very long time. Beta is just a technical defintion they
are using until they open registration to the public.

But then again, I am not too sure whether they ever will!
It seems to be a control strategy to use invites to increase
their user base, just to ensure people get an account *and*
use it actively.

IMHO, at 1GB, it will take a long long time to fill it up. And
before you can, they will probably up the allocation further.

just my 0.02

I'm pretty sure there are other email services that offer 1G or even more storage (like 3G) for free. But since gmail has a unique style, a cool user interface and everything else, I would stick to it for sure.Also, I think the fact that google is so famous and is such a good search engine has undoubtedly attracted thousands of people to acquire a gmail account. Besides, this idea of invitation only has added more appeal to gmail since you feel a sense of achievement after you acquire it. At least I did when I got my first gmail. :rolleyes:

3gb is way more than anyone would ever need.
Even with the privacy issues, I can see gmail rising above hotmail sometime in the future, it's amazingly easy to use, uber-fast, and the labels system is truly revolutional. I could never go back to hotamil now, even though they have raised their limits to 250mb.
Bythe way, here's a link to where you can get invites to gmail: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . They've run out atm, but they'll get more soon. :rolleyes:

Well, there are lots of other email services which offer 1gig or higher space, but i don't think those services will ever be as stable as gmail or even last as long as gmail can.. I'm very happy with my 1gig of space at gmail and i don't even think i'll even be able to use 1/2 of it, so i don't think i'm trying it out :rolleyes: