xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xadoflitan

Replacing Your Mouseballs

Hi,Im going to teach you how to replace your mouseballs on your mouse. Sometimes mouseballs get dirty and sticky from all that rolling around. Even to the point that you must replace your mouseballs. So here's how to do it.Before continuing, unplug your mouse from the computer for safety.1. Take your mouse in your hand carefully and turn it over.2. Look for the part of the mouse that covers the mouseball. 3. Take your thumb and middle finger and unscrew the mouseball cover.4. Turn your mouse back over so that the mouseball cover and the mouseball drop out into your other hand.5. Carefully place your old mouseball into the waste receptacle.6. Open your new mouseball package, and put your new mouseball in the mouse.7. Put the mouseball cover on the mouse and twist it back on.Im sure your new mouse will appreciate his new set of mouseballs.Thats it , you're done!Xad

:ph34r: this is something which I think most of the people will already be knowing.what I think that instead of replacing the mouseball it is better to clean it properly and then put it back...and the best thing will be purchase a new optical mose which are becoming cheaper these days....anyways thanks for this tutorial :D

lol most people can figure this out from the two arrows on the thing you twist. and optical mice are better anyways :(:P i never knew you could buy a mouseball seperatly either :huh:

Hi,

Im going to teach you how to replace your mouseballs on your mouse. Sometimes mouseballs get dirty and sticky from all that rolling around. Even to the point that you must replace your mouseballs. So here's how to do it.

Before continuing, unplug your mouse from the computer for safety.

1. Take your mouse in your hand carefully and turn it over.

2. Look for the part of the mouse that covers the mouseball.

3. Take your thumb and middle finger and unscrew the mouseball cover.

4. Turn your mouse back over so that the mouseball cover and the mouseball drop out into your other hand.

5. Carefully place your old mouseball into the waste receptacle.

6. Open your new mouseball package, and put your new mouseball in the mouse.

7. Put the mouseball cover on the mouse and twist it back on.

Im sure your new mouse will appreciate his new set of mouseballs.

Thats it , you're done!

Xad

189462[/snapback]

Well you could just clean it- an old fashioned way that i still do lol

well i still use the mouse ball i find it more convient for my tastes, on top of that 80% of the members here are like 15 or younger so its acceptable.but yeah it only takes a couple of steps to do that as well. i think xado just over did it just a bit.

I didn't want to be very rude or anything, but I feel like this post is kind of useless and late to be posted. Here are some arguments for what I've said:1. By this time everyone already had chance to deal with the ball mouse and pretty much can do everything himself.2. Nowadays I can find limitd number of people using ball mice, optics replaced everything. 3. This thread was already discussed.