xisto Community
lilmetal

Survey Shows Ds Owning Psp In Japan

A recent Survey in the latest issue of the japanese magazine Otonafami put the PSP againest DS. The survey asked over 1,000 gamers above the age of 20 about both handhelds. Out of some of the question highlighted the ones that surprised me was if they thought they taking full advantage of their machine. PSP owners said "No", Because they can't figure out how to use all those niffty features sony threw in their to try and boost sales, Ironic! Gamers also viewed the PSP as a multimedia device more a gaming machine. Ds owners also said saying that they don't get to use the Wi-Fi (Which Nintendo is currently working on from what i've read). What did they think of their handhelds? "PSP owners were asked what they thought about their handheld, they praised its fantastic graphics and entertainment functions and commented that they found its battery life surprisingly long. The main PSP complaints were that its games were mediocre, its game library had too many ports, its load times were too long, and that some games froze often." and "DS owners said they enjoy its backward compatibility to GBA games and touching the handheld's screen. On the other hand, they also said that the audio in DS games isn't loud enough, there aren't titles for adults, and the screen sizes are too small. " When looking at the two handhelds in terms of sales figures, the Nintendo DS has sold approximately 2.2 million units in Japan since its launch on December 2, versus the PSP's 1.39 million units since it went on sale 10 days later. The top-selling games for the two machines in Japan are listed below. CUMULATIVE GAME SALES Nintendo DS WarioWare: Touched! : 740,000 units Super Mario 64 DS : 710,000 units Nintendogs: 400,000 units Pok?mon Dash: 320,000 units Kirby: Canvas Curse: 190,000 units Sony PSP: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee: 350,000 units Ridge Racers: 260,000 units Dynasty Warriors: 260,000 units Tales of Eternia: 170,000 units Metal Gear Acid: 110,000 units SURVEY RESULTS Q: How many Games do you have? PSP: None: 2% One game: 27% Two games: 25% Three games: 14% Four games: 8% Five Games: 10% More than six games: 11% DS: None: 2% One game: 16% Two games: 20% Three games: 19% Four games: 12% Five games: 8% More than six games: 23% 14% said they owned a PSP 25% said they owned a DS 19% said they owned both Out of the remaining gamers who don't own a next-generation handheld, 31% said they are planning to get a PSP 35% said they want to get a DS 19% said they want to get both 15% said they didn't want either of the handhelds

soon i plan to buy a handheld, i like the games of nintendo in one hand, but psp has more features than nintendo about multimedia, it has great support for mp3, video, and all that funy things, i don't know which to buy, i would like to know if DS also has support for video and mp3 or any format of music and how it is, if it sounds good, i don't care if the DS doesn't loud, i will prefer good quality of audio.whta i want to know is if nintendo has multimedia support, and sure i'll buy one ds, and also memory card support.thanks in advance! :ph34r:

In my opinion, I like the PSP a bit better. Mainly because of all-in-one thing it has going. The DS touch screen is pretty cool, but it wasn't played to my personal fancy as much as I liked. It seemed that games either relied too much on it or not at all. =(Then again, the PSP does have the problem of a flimsy game line-up. Dynasty Warriors, Armored Core, and a few other games sold me to the PSP. Mainly DW...and yeah, I know all the games are the same. They're still fun though. =PThe DS, however, may sell me on the fact of my Nintendo loyalty. I bought a Gamecube for the sole purpose of playing Mario Party, Super Smash Bros, and Zelda. I'll probably get the Revolution for the same reason...even if I don't agree with the controller concept. Heh, I may even get into DDR because of the Mario DDR game that's coming out soon. =P