xisto Community
[i]_R_Crazy_Idiot

Planning To Purchase Laptop in the future

wow ... nice thing this Dell XPS but somewhen next week there'll be an Acer Aspire 3003 LCI for sale at atelco and I suppose I'll get me that one:AMD Sempron 3000+-CPU; 512MB RAM; 80GB HDD; WLAN up to 54MBit/sec; Dual Layer DVD+/-RW; 15,4" TFT at 888 Euros...

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000Pentium M 1.86 GHz1GB Ram (Bought it with 512mb bought the other stick later, much cheaper...)Ati Radeon x300 128mb graphics card70GB HD (~5200rpm)~15 Inch Widescreen I got it for around a total price of ~$1600, was living in the US at that time...I think Dell laptops are pretty overprices...They were offering a sale and I also got a coupon from couponmountain.com (Great Dell coupons btw) So I saved a few hundred dollars....I'm pretty happy with it...The "Enter" key got loose in about the first week I bought it...Support told me a way to fix it and if it wouldnt fix they would replace it for free....Well, after a hour of patience it was fixed--Still, I think they have good support...Well, I would imagine seeing that they charge a lot for their laptops...My Dell doesn't get too hot... (Compared to Apple Powerbook 12")...Which isn't made as a laptop for guys seeing how hot it gets--I'd suggest an Asus B)And, If you get a laptop with Penitum 4, it's gonna get very hot--if you do anyway, make sure it has great cooling B)

I think any dell computer is good. I have a dimention 3000 and it works great. but if your not on a tight buget then you should get at least 80 GB of HD and 512 MB Ram. It works much better with game's if you have 512.

I bought a refurb hp zd7000 about 6 months ago and it is awesome. I have not had any heat issues with it or problems with photoshop. It is a pentium 4 3.06 ht, 512 ram, 17.1 wide screen, +/-dvd burner, 80gb (5400 =(), with tv interface all for 1249 or something like that. I use it for music and watching dvds, and for that price it was really good. The battery lasts about 1 hour and 30 minutes =( just barely enough for watching some dvds.