xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wakelim

Queen, Greatest Hits The best

Queen have to be the most musically and vocally inventive, not to mention talented, band of all time. They had rolled out so many good tunes over the years, it's actually hard to believe that the songs are all by one band. From what I hear, they were quite amazing live as well. The thing that suprised me was, when I listened to their Greatest Hits album for the first time, that they're a band that has produced tunes that are better than some bands have ever produced, that most people have never heard of.

Every single aspect of their songs are awesome. Freddie Mercury can vary his voice to suit almost any song, from retro rock like in "Another One Bites The Dust" to opera singing like in "Bohemian Rhapsody" to female singing like in "I Want To Break Free". The guitar-playing is exceptional as well. In quite alot of their songs Brain May really goes to town with solos.

What other band could tempt Elton John, David Barry and George Michael to sing songs with them, and still end up with those songs on the third CD of their Greatest Hits album? They've wowed audiences over 3 decades and their still popular, even after the death of their lead singer. You simply have to get, or at least listen to, this album before you die.

Queen were one of the main groups i had to study in school a few years back. I must say, they're definitely on par with the beatles.I like the song "I want to break free" although Bohemian Rhapsody was another one of the songs which I had to study in detail.I still smile when these come on my town's local radio station :-)I agree with ngkid, they are, indeed, 'awesome' :huh:

I recommend not to listen Greatest Hits (of Queen of other bands). It?s better to buy records as the artists create them. Go for A Night at the Opera or The Game that are globally conceived records.

With regards to The Beatles, I would say they outstrip them easily. I would also say that they're most likely the best band Britain has ever produced (yes, they are British ^_^ ). Maybe that's just my taste, but I would say that they have about 45 top, top-quality songs on their Greatest Hits album.P.S. What's the point of buying five or six times the albums for not alot more songs. I'd have to be mentally in love with Queen to buy all their albums. The Greatest Hits three and a half hours of music on it's Greatest Hits anyway.