xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shengeta

I Think Halo Is Overated

I must say, Halo 2 is quite fun, but it seems to get old to me quick, so I will only play every once in a while. I've done system links and whatnot, pretty good. Here are the main things I don't like about Halo though.Movement: Movement sux, I feel like I'm slow as heck, and when I'm on an open battlefield with someone I feel like I'm in sneaking mode... strafing? dodging? Rolling? There are none. Bullcrap.Playability: It gets kinda old quick for me, a little repetative, but then again, we (me and like 7 others) play with no shields, start with a machine gun, and the only other weapon is a sniper... and rarely a rocket launcher as well. I also won't play one player, just multiplayer is fun for me.But thats all really, I kick butt at it. The new Area 51 and new Rainbow Six kicks Halo's butt in my opinion... but I've only played a demo of Area 51 and only seen the new Rainbow Six on commercials.

I must say, Halo 2 is quite fun, but it seems to get old to me quick, so I will only play every once in a while. I've done system links and whatnot, pretty good. Here are the main things I don't like about Halo though.

Movement: Movement sux, I feel like I'm slow as heck, and when I'm on an open battlefield with someone I feel like I'm in sneaking mode... strafing? dodging? Rolling? There are none. Bullcrap.

Playability: It gets kinda old quick for me, a little repetative, but then again, we (me and like 7 others) play with no shields, start with a machine gun, and the only other weapon is a sniper... and rarely a rocket launcher as well. I also won't play one player, just multiplayer is fun for me.

But thats all really, I kick butt at it. The new Area 51 and new Rainbow Six kicks Halo's butt in my opinion... but I've only played a demo of Area 51 and only seen the new Rainbow Six on commercials.

188362[/snapback]

I totally agree with you. Halo 2 is boring. you always are running out of ammo,

and you dont know what to do because the monsters keep coming at you and

you're out of ammo and it really sucks. I think that some of the features of the

game like riding in trucks and tanks and stuff is cool and flying in ships is very

cool. but the camera angles are bad and the controls sucks. You cant aim good on

an xbox like u can on a regular pc. I am an avid PC fan for games, i love the

mouse/keyboard combination it is the best way to have a first person shooter. It

just rules that way. I think a much better game that is a first person shooter is Del

ta force extreme. Buy it today, it rulz, I love it, i cant get enough of it, i want to

marry it and cuddle with it every night for the rest of my life. Ok so my priorities

are messed up but thats ok. because im not perfect and neither are you.

Xad

:D Halo two is one of the best games ypu can get, i think. I think it depends what you play it on e.g games console or computer.. i think that playing it on the xbox console is better than playing on but the computer is just a bit slow..!! :ph34r: I do agree that the other games that you mentioned are good and a bit better as well!!

I agree with the topic creator.I just can't see why Halo is so great.Its just another shooting game. (I think...)There are many other games that can easily beat Halo.

Dont get me wrong, I like shooters, but in my opinion TRPGs(tactics-role-playing-games) and Fighting games take much more skill than a shooting game such as Halo 2. For example which is harder, sniping someone, or preforming a 16 hit combo in Tekken5 or Soul Calibur 2? Normal Rpgs are hard too, leveling up, and all that stuff. But as for Halo 2 i think its overrated. The people that are in love with it need to check out the good shooters like Unreal, and Doom3. But I guess to each his own.

:ph34r: I really hate Halo 2. It used to be a good game, but now its overrated and it's for nerds. I mean, go try to tell that to Halo 2 obsessers, they will probably whip out a plastic Halo weapon replica and start making shooting noises. Well, the only good thing f Halo 2 thats left, is that you can make money playing it.

HALO is really overated there is nothing so special in the game and I see no reason for it to be so popular. By sating that I mean PC version of the game and I've never tried HALO on XBOX or PS2 because I dont own any consoles :ph34r: But still I didnt notice anything that would make that game so popular.

u know... i just dont get u people... halo 2 is NOT overrated... its a GREAT game as is the others that u meantioned... its great because online... the game just kicks... and if u run out of ammo or die because ur out... thats ur fault for sucking at life... not the game's... lolfirst of all shengeta... there is strafing and dodging... secondly... halo 2 is not meant to be a stealth game or slow paced like most pc shooters (dont get me wrong.. i love them too)... halo 2 is exremely fast paced and requires great skill, especially online... trust me... i know... i play online for hours upon hours a day... and i happen to be a clan leader on xlink...and yes... pc shooters are different than console shooters but can u really be so bold to say that console shooters arent acurate?? cause i can definitely prove whoever said that wrong there...

Honestly, if you think the game is boring, find 15 friends of yours who are better-than-average Halo 2 players, get a System Link game going, and put all 16 of you on a small map with nothing but rocket launchers. Heck, even make a bet on it.....like the person who comes in dead last has to buy everyone pizza.....I did that once with my buddies up at college....beer instead of pizza, but none the less, it was still great fun, and I got free booze out of it!

Think again. Halo is not overrated. When there is a 16 person link going on the same floor of a college dorm, and everyone is yelling at eachother, then you realize how great of a game Halo is.

Halo 2 was a big letdown for me. After the first one, I was so excited when the second one came out to stores...I remember I got it on my birthday, and a week later I stopped playing it...didn't even finish it. The thing that made me mad abuot the game was how you had to be the arbiter so much...with the sword all the time...would rather be master chief with rocket launchers and machine gunes...but hey that wouldnt follow the story I suppose right? But yeah, it blows in my opinion.

Halo is certainly overrated. Just pick up any decent PC shooter (BF2, Doom 3, etc...) and it's rather obvious. I must also say that I think Timesplitters: Future Perfect beats Halo 2.

well....even tho i never played it ever, i've heard the campaign mode is quick and people have wanted more out of it. so that could be one reason y people think h2 sux. but its still a good game...i mean, so wut if there's no strafing or rolling...u dun need those things in a shoot-em-up. it adds a little challenge to the game. besides, its an fps shooter...so it would be sorta tough to get the camera to roll, and if they did, after a while, it could get pretty dizzying.but thats just my opinion about it.

I find Halo 1 and 2 to be extremely overrated for a couple reasons:1. It does't have a fast pace like most PC games due to its restriction of a joystick2. The gameplay is nothing new really, Its basically Unreal tournament toned down to be more of a tactical game than just fast paced melee mayhem3. Multiplayer on split screen isn't that great, even if you're on a 46'' tv, if you are playing with four friends, you're each getting about 16'' by 9'' of space on the screen = not fun.4. With a good team, you can control the vehicles and weapons and completely dominate the other team...also not fun.Theres a lot more little things that makes this game not as fun to play as a pc game such as Call of duty or BF2. These games have such astounding graphics and they have a true team foundation - esp. BF2 with the new commander system.