xisto Community
Peaktao

English Premiereship 05/06 The title already won after 6 matches?

Well, the English Premiereship has got underway again. Each team has its spending spree, some more, some less. The most expensive move is Essien from Lyon to Chelsea for 26 million pounds, but the most talked-about move is probably Michael Owen from Real Madrid to Newcastle for 17million. Although i really wanted to see him play for LIverpool again, the 17m price tag is too expensive for us.Now 6 matches had gone and we can see some kind of shape of this season already....Chelsea - just won 6 matches out of 6 from the start and now leading the league by 7 point! It seems like they are not gonna be caught soon, most probably until the end of the season as they haven't conceded a single goal yet!Other "big three" which are supposed to challenge Chelsea didn't really show their capabilities of doing so yet. Man Utd is the best out of the three so far as they are still unbeaten with 3 wins and 2 draws. And with Van der Saar in goal, their defence looked a lot better. (Without him, LIverpool would have beaten them last weekend)Arsenal, who sold theri captian, Patrick Viera, seemed to be less potent than they used to be. Fancy football as usual but they appeared to lack toughness and lethal edge without Thierry Henry at the moment.Liverpool, the European Champions, started the season early with Champions League qualification rounds. They are still unbeaten but their form is nt convincing at all. 4 games into the League and they have just scored 1 goal (from a freekick) although they controlled games most of the time. Departure of Milan Baros is a mistake?Last year fourth place, Everton, started the season as badly as they could ever expected. Lost to a spanish side in UCL quali, and now thrashed 5-1 by a Budapest side in Uefa Cup, with disappointing league start. The Merseyside Blue are looking for bottom-half finish?Other sides to watch this year are Charlton, Bolton and Spurs. Charlton had a 100% win record until they played the almightly London Blue last weekend. We will see how that defeat affect their runs.Any prediction for this season? Winner, UCL places, Eufa places and relegation?

I cannot understand why Owen made the move to Newcastle, alright there is the price tag, but still. Having said that, especially after last weeks performance, my neigbour talks to me again and he looks definitely happier. Yes, I live in Newcastle and the mood of the ton definitely has increased.So finishing among the top 6?I don't know, but lets hope so.