xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xadoflitan

$200 System From Newegg

If you want to build a fast, cheap box, go to newegg.com and buy these parts:1. AMD socket 939 motherboard2. AMD xp 3000 cpu3. cheap 40gb hard drive4. cheap geforce 4 video card5. cheap mid tower case6. 512mb of thye cheapest ram7. cheapeast cdrom or dvd rom8. cheapest floppy 9. use your old windows 98 disk to install an operating systemYou will get all the parts shipped for about $40 So your total comes out to about $240 Its way cheaper than buying from dell, and way better.Thats how to do it!Xad

nice the price is $240. well there motherboard isnt that good and a amd athlon xp is like the same as a intel pentium 3. its about the speed of 1.8 to 2.2 ghz of intel pentium 4. that computer isnt that good but for the stuff that comes with it thats pretty good. whats the brand of that computer cause maybe if its a good brand it might be worth it. but the amount of ram is pretty good.

nice the price is $240. well there motherboard isnt that good and a amd athlon xp is like the same as a intel pentium 3. its about the speed of 1.8 to 2.2 ghz of intel pentium 4. that computer isnt that good but for the stuff that comes with it thats pretty good. whats the brand of that computer cause maybe if its a good brand it might be worth it. but the amount of ram is pretty good.

188165[/snapback]

Well I dont think it would have a brand if you custom built it =P

But NewEgg is the king of all computer stores. They always ship stuff a day or two early. One order took less than 24 hours with standard shipping.

Only problem with that compy is that it would use Windows 98 =P

Plus, that price is a little misleading because you haven't included a monitor. Granted, most folks getting a new computer will already have a monitor to use, but most dell packages come with a new monitor too, perhaps even a beautiful flatpanel (hands off, it's mine!) :ph34r:

Plus, that price is a little misleading because you haven't included a monitor.  Granted, most folks getting a new computer will already have a monitor to use, but most dell packages come with a new monitor too, perhaps even a beautiful flatpanel (hands off, it's mine!) :ph34r:

188194[/snapback]

Use your old monitor! Sure Dell can compete well with a custom system, but do you really want a stock video card, and a bunch of crappy dell software on there? If you're like me you want a completely clean custom built system. Who wants one of those crappy $20 printers that come with a dell computer anyway.

Now spend another $200 and get windows Xp professional. Spend another $200 and get a nice flat panel, there you have it, a computer faster than a dell PC with a flat panel for $600. And remember its a clean system to do what you want with.

Too much unneccessary software clutters your system and causes more problems in the long run. I know that from experience, using Hewlett packards and dells. Brand name systems are meant to be thrown away and buy a new one. You cant easily upgrade them.

A custom system is easily upgradeable, lasts longer than a bran name system, and is a lot more fun to own since you built it yourself. Unless of course you have me build it for you. Either way you're gettin a better deal on a custom system.

Xad