xisto Community
OpaQue

Norton 2005

What do you think about Norton Antivirus 2005 ???

Should i buy it, or not?
No you should reconsider .

i was using NAV (norton antuvirus) and i have to admit that for generic viruses its good but i lest thru all Trojans. I had uuninstalledNAV once to try kaspersky and i was shocked to discover 20 Trojans on my pc. So my advice it to stick with things made by ppl knowing good what they are supposed to do :

[b]KAV - kaspersky[/b]

it the same with viruses but it gives you a extra layer of protection when it comes to other unwelcome guests
Oh really?
My friend uses Norton Antivirus 2005 and he told me that NAV auto-blocks the trojans and worms and such. But he also has Norton Internet Security, which adds some more security to his system.
advantage of norton is its powerful, strong virusscan.
disadvantage, some virus can get out of hand, and norton cant control it

so i still use norton. will be upgrading to 2005 soon, heard beta was good
[quote name='dbh' date='Oct 12 2004, 10:44 PM']told me that NAV auto-blocks the trojans and worms and such.[/quote]
he blockes worms and other viruses very good
but he failes on trojan horses dialer and so on

so that's why i switched to KAV
And sometimes new viruses are build to bypass and dissable specific antiviruses like norton and mcafee. So chosing the most popular programs isnt always the best choice.