xisto Community
Tonny

What Software Do You Use For Watching Movies divx,bsplayer . . .

Windows Media Player is what I use most now. I have used VLC sometimes when things don't play. I have also download klite codec pack when having trouble with codecs.I agree that divx is also a good player that I have used before as it works better with some divx stuff.What I like about Windows media Player is the Graphic Equalizer that I use to get the right setting for speech versus sound effects. also the True Bass and Wow Effects can be used to find the right balance between sound effects and clear dialogue. I tend to download a lot of tv series and movies so i like to get a good balance here.Also with some downloaded materials the brightness is not quite right and I find that the Video setting for Brightness gives a good boost for dark type of movies.I have also used Media Player Classic which I don't like at all.Media Player gives me good control of when i want to move to a certain part of the file i.e. 10:16 When I am watching something and have to go out and then come back to the exact spot. Some players will not let you do this and instead jump to a section which I find a bit annoying.I believe Windows media Player is the best overall player with formats that are in the 'normal range' with other players being very useful when the format or the codec is off in some way.Also if I need to download subtitles to watch with a movie i have found Windows Media Player quite good to use. Just by renaming the subtitles file to be the same as the movie file and turning on subtitles I am usually able to add them successfully. As I use my computer as my entertainment system (we have no tv but watch downloaded series such as Star Trek, Dexter, Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles, Battlestar Galactica, Supernatural, Heroes etc -Yes i am big sci-fi buff :) every night I believe that I have given Windows Media Player (and other players) a good run to have a well informed opinion.I am sure other players may perform all of the tasks I listed above as well so in that case it probably just comes down to personal preference. If someone has a better player that does all of the above BETTER or MORE EASILY than Windows Media player then please let me know and I would be willing to give it a go.And if anyone has recommendation for a good series similiar to my listed tastes above please send me a message :)'Live long and prosper'KJ