xisto Community
AmandaB78

Nameserver Help? What does this mean?

If you are going to use your Domain as our hosting package, kindly point your nameservers to ns1.Trap17.com and ns2.Trap17.com I didn't know what to choose, domain or sub-domain? I requested amandab.com and I would like to know what nameservers are and how to "point" my nameservers to ns1.Trap17.com and ns2.Trap17.com?Someone please help.

You can choose either a domain or a subdomain. Keep in mind that Xisto does not register domains for you...meaning that if you choose a domain, then you have to have bought a domain already...we will not buy one for you.If you have a domain, then sign into where ever you bought it, find the control panel, and put in ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17.com for the nameserver text boxes. I can't really give you a more specific answer because I have no idea where you bought your domain.If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.

You can choose either a domain or a subdomain. Keep in mind that Xisto does not register domains for you...meaning that if you choose a domain, then you have to have bought a domain already...we will not buy one for you.

If you have a domain, then sign into where ever you bought it, find the control panel, and put in ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17.com for the nameserver text boxes. I can't really give you a more specific answer because I have no idea where you bought your domain.

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.

187563[/snapback]

I didn't buy a domain. I wasn't sure what to request. I asked for amandab.com because I forgot to make it amandab.trap17.com so I had to make another application thing.

I didn't buy a domain.  I wasn't sure what to request.  I asked for amandab.com because I forgot to make it amandab.trap17.com so I had to make another application thing.

187617[/snapback]

Amanda, 'manda, Mandy. It says that Xisto will not register domains for you when you fill out the application. :D

Anyway, since I'm nice (and I'm a mod, so I have to be), I have taken the time to edit your newer application so that it stands out more. :ph34r:

nameserver is important ONLY if you have your own TLD (top level domain) such as yourname.com, yourSite.com etc. Usually you have to purchase it. Since the issue and the question have been resolved, I am closing this thread.AmandaB78, if you have any more question please use the REPORT! button to notify mods to reopen this thread.Thank you.PS, excellent work snlildude87--as always :ph34r: