xisto Community
Tonny

Skype Vs. Msn what is the best VOIP

If I were to choose by quality overall Skype wins this category, if I were to choose over messaging service between aim, yahoo, and msn I'd choose Msn since skype really isn't the choice of option for alot of users.

Skype connections echo etc....

Skype Vs. Msn

Replying to iGuest

Just a suggestion but try lowering the MTU (Maximum transmite unit) on your router its probably about 1448 by default, lower it to around 1200 and try skype then, you should see an improvement in vocal transmissions, although it may ever so slightly increase the cpu time that skype uses, as it sends more packets of smaller data, rather than fewer packets of larger data...

I'd assume that you'd achieve a better VOIP by doing this...

skype awesome subscriptions

Skype Vs. Msn

I just recently started using skype again and seen their new very cheap subscriptions. With the uk one you can cal unlimited landline numbers, you get your own free number and voicemail for about 2 pound a month. I also bought a cheap usb binatone phone and the sound quality is ten times better and just as good as a regular landline quality

-reply by david

Skype is better for my opinion.Skype Vs. Msn

nope... Skype can be used. Chat, video ,voice calls, file transfer and you can call even on phone with it if you pay a little and it is faster than msn.

skype hasnt ever crashed for me and msn live crashes everytime I start using video and I have got msn viruses and that **** from msn... So my experience do not use that damn windows own msn program they sucks. If you really want to use msn use AMSN only bad thing about it is that video wont work with windows live atlest not for me. But you can chat with windows live. I have used these programs about 4 years now and still no problems with skype /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley1.Gif . So in my opinion all those who uses msn chance it to skype! no viruses at all no problems at all. File transfer can be done too like in msn.

sorry my bad englis I'm finnish so it cannot be perfect... 

-reply by somebody

Are you kidding?Skype Vs. Msn

How can you even compare a platform mounted VoIP to any other VoIP? Ludicrous! The extra routing of unmounted VoIP's precludes greater interference on hookups. Nitwit!

-reply by kwaut_lizard

Skype vs. msnSkype Vs. Msn

Skype is much,much better. MSN is full of bugs ... Often my contact cannot see me as available , or I cannot reply to instant message, because I did not add the person to my contact list .. MSN is not user friendly and many times I had to google to find the answers how to fix the problems with it..  

-reply by Neno

Skype Rocks man , and it has become more and more famous than MSN and i am pretty sure the number of users who use skype is much much more than the number of users who use MSN. Skype is well renowned for its Voice clarity. Even corporate companies go for skype for making pc to pc calls . Moreover Skype looks eye catchy and i am sure that every one will agree with me for that . On the other hand i dont condescend MSN , they too have their own way of delivering technology which leaves a smile on their customers face .

Skype Vs MsnSkype Vs. MsnI have used Skype for a while but now am using Windows Live Messenger. I started using skype because it has an easy interface. But very bad call quality made me switch to Live Messenger.Skype Video Call :- Video stops after a while.Skype Audio Call :- Audio doesn't get to the other side. Both parties have to constantly repeat themselves. Even if we are not doing anything else the problem exists.First I thought maybe the connection is slow or something. But then I started Using Windows Live Messenger and have problem in call quality.Also on mobile phones Skype is not available for Blackberry. I heard that with Skype wifi cannot be used to make phone calls. I wouldnt want that. Looking into other possibilities like OOVOO.Any suggestions other than Skype would be appretiated.-reply by Anonymous

MSN vs SKYPE...Skype Vs. Msn

I use MSN for mac 7.0.2 and I don't see how one can even call another MSN user. Skype is so much easier, I can call cell phones, regualr phones and anybody around the world. MSN..Absolutely not. And...Here's the kicker. I try to erase some old contacts I do not want to keep and MSN keeps telling me theer's a bug and it won't erase it. So...Bottom line...MSN sucks *bottom*! 

-reply by Millenium Falcon

I personally prefer skype. There's a slight delay in lip-sound quality, but the sound quality is pretty decent. if you're calling to landlines, the quality is never very good with computer VOIP. I've used MSN a few times, but never liked it much, due to the fact that I found it to be very poor quality. The video was actually lip-synced, so that was a plus.Overall, I'd say I got a better deal through skype. The video quality is good, and that is pretty much the only thing I use it for.

I use both of them, but I really love Skype beacuse it's very simple. MSN has a poor quality on call. Skype is very good with video calls and the quality of the image and sound are very good. It's easy for me to make calls with my family rather than MSN. Sometimes, I have problems with MSN when I want to call.

So, I prefer to use Skype than MSN. :P

Going with the market trend and the number of downloads that take place every where, Skype is by far the best. It is more user friendly and has features of its own. There are instances of security breach in MSN, fewer in skype. There are other programs as well but skype leads due to simplicity and features.

skype vs. msnSkype Vs. MsnI have both, but I'd rather go for Skype. Especially for video calls. It's hands-down better. For chatting, both have the same performance.If one have delay problems using Skype, I?d recommend turning off both speakers? cameras. The sound may come flawless.Eventually, Skype is a much lighter program that would occupy less space in your HD.