xisto Community
sangdukseo

Baseball Blows A sport? no way

Baseball has no constant action. It's a stop and go piece of crap. The only person that really gets any excercise out of it is the pitcher, and the other whatever # of players out in the field don't do anything except watch for the occasional hit, in which case, they walk about 2 yards and catch the ball. Batters? All they do is swing a wooden stick at a ball. Woo hoo. So exciting i could probably live life without it. I mean, the players all do steroids and other body enhancers. What you see on tv for 9 innings is drugs at work. That's it. Nothing else. It's a miserable little 'sport'. You want to see sports, try soccer. Or basketball. Or tennis. Just not baseball. Please not baseball. Oh, if you wanted to know, yes, I do play soccer.

Just because a sport isn't fast paced doesn't mean it's *BLEEP* mate. I'm a HUGE fan of Golf and a sport which you american's think is one of the most boring in the world, cricket. If you think baseball is too slow, I won't advise you to watch cricket, as a game of test cricket takes 5 days to finish, and I'm like a pig in *BLEEP* for those 5 days, loving life. Anybody who recently caught the ashes series will agree with me, a good game is cricket is awesome.

Notice from KuBi:
Bleepidity Bleep bleep, warning issued..
Edited by KuBi (see edit history)

I happen to love baseball. Sure it's not constant action, but it has a lot of strategy. I love the little game. stealing bases, sacrifice bunts, the suicide squeeze, a straight steal of home. I like the part where people have to think. I also think a well turned double play is beautiful.You don't expect people to get up and jump up and down during a chess match, do you?

I'm sorry...but have you ever even played baseball? It's a lot more vigorous activity than you think. Not only does it require exercise, but it requires stradegy and a LOT of skill.The catchers run a lot more than just two yards, usually a lot more than you think. While running, they have to catch this ball which is going faster than a soccer ball ever could.Don't go making accusations on what the players of the sport do or take. You have no idea what they do or take on their free time. Those who do take steroids are usually caught, and don't give me any crap about that.I'm a cross country runner and soccer player, and I believe that baseball is as much as a sport as either of those.