xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadowdemon

This Is Question About The Site ??????

My site is a text based rpg and i would like to make it so people can join and log in and has all the otehr stuff. and it would help if u gave me a code and tould me wat to do or i could make my own code but do i put it in the scipts or in a mySQL database or wat im completly confused on were to put mySQL and php scripts

You said you could write your own code and you dont know where to put it. And you say you are confused! You can not be more confused then me. Anyway, if you are new to coding and you want a quick way to build a functional site with php and mysql database system, that is content driven site, then you might consider using one of many CMS-es out there: PHPNuke, Mambo Open Source etc.

woah, you might want to slow down a bit. mySQL is a database, not a scripting language.PHP is a scripting language. Typically you write PHP code to store and retrieve information from the mySQL database.You don't put scripts in a database. The scripts are stored just like any other file within your website directories. PHP script files are named *.phpI agree with ciroxyz that you should install one of the pre-packaged php/mysql applications to get yourself started. You can use those tables and scripts to jumpstart your website.To install these packages you should probably use "Fantastico" in your cpanel. I hope this helps.

but why not just vist hotsrcipts and download a fully funtional site, php scripted and just work with that. It will explain what to do, what to change and even where to upload. The whole thing is really simple as pie. round