xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Moody

Database From Astahost To Trap17 possible?

Hi all,I just got webspace on Xisto.Before I had webspace on Xisto, but couldn't get enough credits there. I had a forum there. Is it possible to put all what was there to here. I tried, but then my forum wants to redirect me to Xisto and that's not what I want.Thanks in advance,Moody

It sounds like your code has absolute links to Xisto, so have you tried doing a sitewide search and replace (Xisto -> Xisto) to change all those liniks to Xisto?

It sounds like you've already migrated the actual database, but maybe not. I've never tried this tool before, but it looks like it might help you. It synchronizes two remote mySQL databases:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

There's also an article describing it here:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

all you have to do is make a exact copy of your forums in xml format so when you load it up in your acp you should have all your info in it as well., do the same for your MySQL dbs and then copy your forum folder then you don't have to install all the mods again by scratch.just make sure not to get any errors.

I'm not very sure what you're saying now....I did not change anything to the files, for mods etc, cus i use phpbb2plus, but if I backup my database on Xisto and restore it on trap 17....when you log in it will redirect you to Xisto.....