xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
selim

Remote Desktop For Mobile

Ever wanted to connect to your computer through your phone? Want to show off to your geek friends? Then go here. Its a small app which you install on your phone and computer that lets you access your PC through the WAP/GPRS. It may seem a bit useless but if you need something to do on your PC and you have no other way of tunneling through then this could come pretty handy.

I haven't had the chance to use it as my phone broke just before I discovered this (what are the odds) so can't really vouch for how good it is. But from the website description it seems to be able to let you control your mouse and keyboard.

This is limited to most Java enabled phones with a colour screen. Well I havent read anywhere that it needs a colour screen but I think it's pretty obvious it does. Also I doubt it would work on all Java, colour phones as the client you install on the phone is 60kb/80kb (depending if you get the 'lite' version or not). Now I know my Nokia won't let me install apps that are over 54kb i believe so common sense says it won't fit on all phones. I'm using a 7250i atm.

Anyway it looks like a nifty app but before ussing it extensively you should check out how much kb it uses on the wap. You don't want to exceed you rlimit and starting paying stupid prices per meg. (It's about Ł3 per meg in the UK, depending on your operator).

and what type of the mobile phone it should be used?
i think it must support WAP/GPRS,and my mobile phone just supported the gsm.
we should install a software on the computer also?
it's good way of remote manager but it unsafe and it cost lots of for the wap and gprs to isp?

----
and is it just on your country that you would got the service?and which?

limited to most Java enabled phones with a colour screen

oh,god,but i haven't this type of phones.if your phone support java then it actually a color screen i am sure.7250i atm is a very vaness top phone but it still not support what you talked?oh...im just using nokia 3230.
its' 3 per meg in uk?but i haven't got know if there is such a service on my country,it seems just like you talked,a bit useless.

guangdian.
:P!

we should install a software on the computer also?

Yes you do have to install a program on your computer so you can comunicate with it, pretty much like all other remote access programs.

i think it must support WAP/GPRS,and my mobile phone just supported the gsm

You can connect to the WAP through GPRS and GSM (sorry I wrote it in a confusing way) so it might work through GSM but I'm not 100% sure.

it's good way of remote manager but it unsafe and it cost lots of for the wap and gprs to isp?

I don't know if this is a question or if your trying to make a point.

and is it just on your country that you would got the service?and which?

No it's not just for my country nor is this something specific to a network operator. It's a 3rd party app that connects through the WAP, which I'm pretty sure every mobile operator in the world has.

a bit useless

Don't use it then.

Maybe if you read the website and looked through the FAQ it might give you a bit more information.

i think it qould be to slow to run a connect to my pc via wap/GPRSthe connection i need is minimum of 2Mb/sec because i have to work fast.i think 54mbit/s is ver< slow... do u think there would be gamers witch have a lanconnect from 10Mb/s?mfg maxx

Yesterday night I gave it a try on my Siemens C60 (101*80 screen with 4096 colors). It worked perfectly for me! The only problem I got over was opening the port in the Windows Firewall. That wasn't really a problem but it took me about 2 minutes to get the hang of it :P. While running it on my mobile I was amazed. I could do anything! Run programs, download things etc. Pretty good stuff ;-) thanks