xisto Community
Jesse

Amd Athlon 1600mhz Compared to P3 334MHz

Well I am comparing my new computer from my old one. I just got a AMD Athlon 1600MHz. And it is so much faster and better then my old computer.I was running as P3 334MHz, which was so slow and I really couldn't play the games or anything that I wanted on it and I had to keep restarting all the time.Now I can play proper games and dont have to restart anywhere near as often. I only have to restart maybe once a week or so now. Which is great ... well unless I install a new program that needs to restart the PC.Has anyone else been through this same thing before? How have you felt when you got your new PC. I feel like its a great thing. :P

Yeah, I got that. I switched from my 300 Mhz Pentium I processor to a 2.5 Ghz Intel Celeron. At first, the change was ridiculous. Everything was so fast, so naturally, I loaded a whole bunch of games and useless stuff on it. Then, like a Celeron, it slowed down really bad until I had to restart my computer once in a while like you, so I reformatted it, and now it's fast again.

Oh yeah new computers are great, my old computer when I turned it on I would go and wathc tv for 5-10 minutes while it came on. But then when I got the new computer I turned it on and withen 30 seconds it was working, takes a fair bit longer now, but still nothing compared to the old one. That could probably be attributed to the way I install like a madman, after the first hour with my new PC I started to install things (the first hour I played with voice and text recognitnion in office!) and the first time I ran Tux Racer the computer crashed :P Oh well, seems it was a first time bug, never had that happpen since.

My computer experiences are largely limited to windows boxes, so I'm betting that other folks have a different take on this, but I'm a big fan of getting a new computer I must say. I just got a new one at work with 2 Gb of RAM, hell yeah! It's also got a SATA hard drive, and I don't know if you guys have tried these things yet, but the transfer rates are insane! Even if you don't get a new box with maxed out specs a new windows machine can run a lot faster simply because it's not loaded down with spyware yet...I'm sure people who use other OSes just laugh at us for that. I would. :P One of these days I'm going to rebuild a box I saved from the dumpster as a linux box, I swear.

I know! My old Pentium 2 runs slower than a turtle! Now I have this AMD64 3200+ which runs at the speed of light! It's also has SATA drive, but sadly has only 512 ram (I want 1G!) and only 80GB harddisk (My friend has 160GB)

It is a great feeling... Just like anything you get that is new. There is usually a feeling of happyness and joy :PLike 4 years ago, when I got my 1ghz computer... It was so nice compared to my old crap computer that had windows 3.1 on it :P That thing was so slow.... I need to get a new computer somewhat soon, right now I am able to run everything on my current computer but some things won't quite soon.xJedix

There is no such thing of a P3 at 334 MHz. There is a P3 at 450 MHz however. Are you refering to a P2 at 333 MHz maybe?