xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
guangdian

Need Help Of Cms And 404 Page. webdesign and 404 server page.

okay,kindly members.there are two questions.just asked if you would give some help.1. is there an opensource cms or blog that created to .htm file and it stict xhtml.2.i made 404 custom page on cpanel.it can not work for me.if i must put the 404.shtml file to the root dir?

okay,kindly members.

there are two questions.just asked if you would give some help.

1. is there an opensource cms or blog that created to .htm file and it stict xhtml.

2.i made 404 custom page on cpanel.it can not work for me.if i must put the 404.shtml file to the root dir?

185486[/snapback]

1. Not that I know of. Because CMS and blogs are dynamic in nature, html / xhtml isn't suitable. There may be some that output pure html / xhtml. And i wouldn't worry so much about the xhtml unless you have special requirements for your site. If you need such requirements, you'd have to modify most applications.

2. Yes, I believe that the 404.shtml would need to be in the root directory. Not sure about how it is handled in subdomains in case you have any.

hope this helps.

vujsa

When you log in into the Cpanel of your domain or subdomain name you'll see there the option Error Pages. Choose the 404 error page and write the code that you want the users to see when they enter an incorrect address/page on your site.Then save it and that's all. You could try to access an non-existant file on your server and you'll succesfully see the personalized 404 error you made.You could also modify other types of errors. It's really good this thing.

no,nelimitat.i just tried the way you talked.this woudn't work.when i open the cpanel -->custom pages-->and i edit the 404 pages.and all the pages of edit avaliable(like 500 page) but they all don't work,i edit again and again,my 404 page is still the "coudn't found the page or server"would you please tell me the steps of making that step by step.i really can not do that...plz.:Pguangdian