xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dymondgurl

What's Going On With The Mysql database error and gd+ problems

this error is coming upDatabase error in vBulletin : Link-ID == false, connect failed mysql error: mysql error number: 0 I saw the problem the cpu and memory was at overload. Why is that?Also our images ain't coming up for gd+ and we had to disable image verification so new members can join

did you set up the mySQL db in your cpanel, also you could be missing some info in the config file like the db name, your permission info as well.but yeah how do you activate the gd images been trying ot figure that out for the longest.

did you set up the mySQL db in your cpanel, also you could be missing some info in the config file like the db name, your permission info as well.

but yeah how do you activate the gd images been trying ot figure that out for the longest.

185173[/snapback]

Yes i did set it up in cpanel. The database was working and I have all permissions.

I think the problem was with the mysql was that the trap server was at full cpu and memory load. i checked it after i got the email saying the mysql error.And Mike what type of board is he using in reference to the gd+?

i have no clue but if want post the config.php coding here and we could see what oculd be missing.but another though has much space do you have left in your Mysql? that could be it as well, but it should have plenty of it left.

i have no clue but if want post the config.php coding here and we could see what oculd be missing.

but another though has much space do you have left in your Mysql? that could be it as well, but it should have plenty of it left.

185181[/snapback]

when i said what type of board i meant like vbulletin, phpbb, nuke, etc. ill just assume your using vbulletin.

Admincp > vbulletin options > server settigns and optimizations > GD version

should be 2+

(i had this working before but for some reason it just stopped)

then go to..

Admincp > vbulletin options > user registration options > image verification

set that to yes (only if you see the image appear)

then save your work, reload and you should be done.

now can someone answer my question :P how come my gd doesnt work?