xisto Community
thablkpanda

Parked/addon Domains Question- Mostly directed towards Admins-

Yo,Today I purchased my TLD, with Yahoo! and realized that domain registration takes 72 hours. Ok, no biggie-So go ahead and change my domain name from thablkpanda.trap17.com, to thablkpanda.com, using the Automated form.After doing so, I decide to go ahead and point CPanel to the right domain ALSO-I open the 'Parked Domains' section, and I see my subdomain at the top, underneath the 'Parked Domains' section. But not the domain I entered at the form (thablkpanda.com).I attempt to Park thablkpanda.com, and it says that I can't park my main domain name.I'm wondering what's wrong, and why It won't let me park thablkpanda.com, and if the system registered me parking my domain.About addon domains-Does that only add sub-domains to your account? Or does that allow you to point another domain name, to a subdirectory or subdomain of your account?NOTE- If I screwed up by parking and registering my domain name with you guys, before it had propogated- then spending another 15 credits isn't a problem. But if this is fixable without doing so, I'd prefer that :PThanks-Christopher D. Merchant*Another Note* - I might be moving to Xisto - Web Hosting soon, (within the month) so this could all just be temporary-Thanks again-Thablkpanda

Once you change your domain using automated form, You are all set. No need to park it. Because, it changes your ROOT ACCOUNT domain. So, the httpd conf file on linux system gets updated. So, after using that script, if you try to park your domain. You will propably get an error, saying the domain is already in the network.

Ah, perfect.That's exactly the description I needed!However, that means we no longer offer unlimited parked domains then eh? You can't have more than one Parked VirtualHost name... I know that for a fact-Panda

Yaaaay Panda! I need to get my dad to buy me a domain name. This ezyrewards free domain name thing is really excruciating.

Make sure you go Yahoo! :PPersonally, I planned to do it for you, but that would lead to years of renewals, and possibly the fact that people would paste all across the internet, the fact that I did something decent for someone BESIDES Katie... :(.I'm still considering it, so don't do it within the week-Christopher D. M.

However, that means we no longer offer unlimited parked domains then eh? You can't have more than one Parked VirtualHost name... I know that for a fact-

184934[/snapback]

O.o

No. You can still have parked domains if you have a top-level domain. Just buy one, go into your cpanel, and park it. Don't use the automated script.

Since your question has been answered, I'm closing this thread.