xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thablkpanda

Panda's Artist Review Of The Week Paul Wall - Peoples Champ

Well, Mike had a movie review, and I love music, I'm thinking, what the heck! Let me inform ya'll about one of my newer favorite artists.

( The part following, is a quote from Wikipedia :

Paul Wall (born Paul Slayton on March 30, 1980) is an American rapper, DJ, and promoter from the 5900 block of Southlea, Houston, Texas. Notable as one of the few successful white Southern rappers, He is affiliated with Swishahouse Records, formerly Swisha Blast Records. He is a graduate of Jersey Village High School and studied mass communications at the University of Houston for three years. Paul Wall was originally one-half of Houston power duo The Color Changing Click, alongside long-time partner (and now estranged acquaintance) Chamillionaire. He is renowned for his intense work ethic.

About Paul Wall personally, I see him as a up and coming rapper. From the south, not many caucasian rappers make it big (no racism intended), but Paul Wall has shown some incredible business-ethic that sets him apart from the whole 'Cash, Money, Hoes, etc.' Mindset of most southern rappers.

His affiliation with Chamillionare is only business, because most of Paul's work is solo, or with Mike Jones (see - Dude that says his name WAAYYY too much).

The fact that he graduated High School and College, sets him apart from the rest of the southern community. He's handled his money well, and having his own separate business, (Designing 'Grills and Fronts' for popular Artists and normal people alike) he has steady cash flow, and is used to seeing all the money.

He's appeared with Kanye West, and Mike Jones recently, doing some 'Clean' work. His newest album 'The People's Champ' was released last month, and the single - Sittin' Sidewayz, has hit number #24 on the U.S. Charts.

That's my personal opinion. I know I won't find many rap lovers here like me, but anyone wanna comment? Where do you think Paul's going in his career?

Panda

Omgz, he's from Houston? I swear I'm going to marry him. Yay! A white rapper that's not Eminem (for once @_@). What's not to love?