xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Help With Cffile Move

This is my first time playing with cffile. I have the code working where the file gets uploaded to a folder on the server. Now I'd like to move it to a folder elsewhere where folks can access it. My problem is that I can't figure out how to reference the variable that holds the name of the file once it's been uploaded. I feel like an idiot because it should be something simple but it's not coming to me and nothing I try will work. How do you reference the filename once it's been uploaded?

Thanks for any help!

Here is the code on the submit page:

Code:

<FORM ACTION="UploadSubmit.cfm" METHOD="POST" name="UploadForm" enctype="multipart/form-data"><input type="file" name="UploadFile" id="UploadFile" size="40"><input type="submit" name="UploadSubmit" id="UploadSubmit" value="Submit"></FORM>

And here is the code on the action page:

Code:
<cfif ISDEFINED("form.UploadSubmit")><cffile action="upload" filefield="UploadFile" destination="D:\DocLibrary\Docs" nameconflict="makeunique">	<cffile action="move" source="D:\DocLibrary\Docs\#????#" destination="F:\DocumentLibrary"></cfif>

Thanks,kvarnerexpress

After you upload a file, quite a number of cffile "status variables" are available to you. Some of the ones you will probably be interested in are (snipped from the Macromedia docs):

serverDirectory

Directory of the file saved on the server

serverFile

Filename of the file saved on the server

serverFileExt

Extension of the uploaded file on the server (without a period)

serverFileName

Name of the uploaded file on the server (without an extension)

A little bit of experimentation with these should allow you to do what you want.

HTH