xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Microsoft

Domain Change OMG

i change my domain to niiice.com and it doesnt take me to my site it takes me to another nooo! please give me back i dint type it wrong in my cpanel says niiice.com but it takes me to another site MAJOR PROBLEM :)

First of all, your cPanel has to point to your subdomain name. Secondly you change to domain name that you do not own. How could you expect that to work when you don't own niiice.com? You wanted to point hosting to niiice.net. But do you own it? According to whois, no body has purchased that domina. Therefore, you are pointing your hosting to empty air. http://www.domaintools.com/ for your information.

Who "THEY" are you talking about? Have you tried to log in through http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ to your cPanel? Since your niiice.trap17.com does not exist of course you can't access your cPanel using niiice.trap17.com/cpanel Try the IP link and tell us if you can or cannot access it.

And make sure you post at least 3 sentences explaining in detail what you have done and tried. One more one liners and you will be warned.

well all he has to do is change the domain name, but how did he get the .com when it already exsists, that what gets me about this.

"They" "Here" And Yes i can access it with my ip. The cpanel but i think its no good. :/ i know it doesnt exist enymore :/..Ok i can acess the cpanel using the ip adreess but what good will that do?

It proves that your site is working but your domain name is screwed up. That is the first diagnosis. The second is what does your cPanel says your domain name is? Is it niiice.com or niiice.trap17.com? If it's pointing to niiice.com did you purchase this domain name? Because the domain name have not expired or will be in few years. This leads me to believe that you do not own that domain name. That means you pointed to someone else's domain. So you need to change your domain name. Do some researches before you change/purchase a domain name. If you were planning to purchase niiice.com you won't be able to. If you are planning to purchase niiice.net you should soon because according to whois no one owns it.

::    FREE WEB Hosting Features ::

1. Sub-Domain or Domain Hosting

2. Cpanel 9 [9.4.1-RELEASE 64]

3. Fantastico 2

4. 50 - 250 mb space [ 50 mb provided initially ]

5. 500 - 20,000 mb Bandwidth

6. Ip Address [ Shared ]

7. Unlimited Sub-Domains

8. Unlimited Parked-Domains

9. Unlimited Addon-Domains

10. Unlimited MySQL Databases

11. Unlimited Email Accounts

12. Unlimited Email Forwarders

13. Unlimited Mailing Lists

14. Unlimited Email filters

15. Unlimited Ftp Accounts

16. PERL version 5.8.X

17. TCL

18. TOMCAT

19. JSP

20. PHP version 4.3.X [ Safe Mode OFF  with FULL GD Support ]

21. MySQL version 4.0.18-standard

22. File Manager

23. FTP Manager

24. All this absolutely FREE and much much MORE!!

1. Sub-Domain or Domain Hosting <--MAIN Xisto SITE

So we solve the problem. Because you changed your domain name using the name changing script without FIRST owning that name, both your subdomain.trap17.com and your name said in your cPanel isn't working with your hosting. You either purchase a domain name or change it back to youName.trap17.com. Either way it will cost another 15 credits.Topic is closed if there aren't any more RELEVANT questions.

What advertising? Subdomain means a domain name under another one. So yourname.trap17.com is actually a domain name under Xisto.com. The TOS says that you are provided with a FREE SUBDOMAIN name. Xisto does not provide free domain name. OpaQue has in his signature where to purchase inexpensive domain name. And that's why there are few dozen of topics related to cheap domain names. Now you get it? :)