xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Evil_Amuter_WebsiteCoder

Spyware ugggh.......

I once had Zango on my comp. So now whenever we download something, we scan it with Panda Antivirus platinum and Spyware Xterminator. But if you can trace the IP adress of the spyware (where it originated) you can report it somewhere. It would be nice if you could hack someone if they put spyware on your computer. I can't hack, but i know of several people who can......

so what is the pain in it??? If one of the programs is finding few spywares and diff. program is able to find out more spywares then use the second one...and uninstall the first one...is'nt that simple!

It depends on what anti-spyware you download...and you sometimes have to be careful of what's out there. Some may make the claim that the program can eliminate any spyware/adware on your computer, but may in fact may make the problem worse. So far, the only trustworthy anti-spyware programs I've found are Ad-Aware and Spybot - Search and Destroy. If there are any programs that do a much better job than the two I mentioned, feel free to let me know.

I find spyware doctor finds the most spyware :) and i never have problems now i got spyware doctor.One tip is if your using internet explorer stop :)

since you have two spyware detectors just keep using them unless its messing up your computer then you should get a better onne to get them all

It is such a pain. I mean I scan ewith one program anfd it finds only a few programs. Another program finds 500+ programs. What? Uggggghhh.....  :)

183712[/snapback]

I think I am protected from most spyware , adware, dialers, browser hijackers, and other by using the following three free programs:

1.Download free SpywareBlaster(3.4) from Javacool Software at http://www.brightfort.com/sbdownload.html.

SpywareBlaster doesn't ;only scan for and clean spyware but it prevents it from being installed in the first place..SpywareBlaster prevents the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, dialers, browser hijackers, and other .potentially unwanted programs. It can also block spyware/tracking cookies in IE and Mozilla/Firefox, and restrict the actions of spyware/ad/tracking sites.

Instal it and choose your sitting then scan your system for the first time and choose the programs want to be protected to prevent few thosands ;of unwanted programs and put them in restricted sites

2. Ad-Aware SE Personal v1.06 by Lavasoft Download your free copy from

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ;

or

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Ad-aware SE gives you the ability to scan your RAM, registry, hard drives, and external storage devices for known data-mining, advertising, and tracking componentsfor known Data-mining, aggressive advertising, Parasites, Scumware, selected Keyloggers, selected traditional Trojans, Dialers, Malware, Browser hijackers, and tracking components. It easily can clean your system, allowing you to maintain a higher degree of privacy while you surf the Web.

It is also recommended to have Ad-Aware set to automatically quarantine files prior to removal. using setting utility

After the first time scan is completed you will be presented with a detailed listing of the items that were detected. Review each item that has been presented in the results screen before removing them. Ad-Aware is designed to report possible suspicious content present on your system and to allow you a simple method for removing it should you so decide. The program gives Threat Assessment Chart(TAC).

3. Spybot Search and Destroy v1.4

Spybot - Search & Destroy can detect and remove spyware of different kinds from the computer. It can also clean usage tracks, an interesting function if you share your computer with other users and don't want them to see what you worked on. And for professional users, it allows to fix some registry inconsistencies and extended reports.

Down/load it at https://www.safer-networking.org/dl/

when I use it to search and fix problems, I receive :

Congratulation No immediate threat

One day when I clicked on immunise I received :

1561 bad product already blocked, 50945 additional protection possible , please immunize

Spyware doesn't really bother me, it's adware that really makes me angry. I use to have spyware and adware problems but since my last reformat it really hasn't been as bad because I hardly download anything. The most I download are just brushes for photoshop.I use spybot for my spyware problems, haven't really had any spyware problems in about 5 months so I'm all good. As for adware, it comes and it goes.