xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
heavensounds

New Roll-up Screen Prototip?

A few months ago Phillips informed, that they are developing a new tipe of screen, which will be made in a way, that one would be able to roll it up like a paper. They said that they'll need aprox. 2 years till the first prototip, but they shortened this time A LOT and the first prototip is here.Screen works in rolled-up mode too and if we want a bigger surface we just enrole it. It has 5 inches and it uses 320?240 resolution. It is 4-color black and white and the whole thing is only 10x6x2cm big so you can put it in your pocket.This new machine, named Reader, is according to Phillips Polymer Vision, manufactorer of this thing, not ment for mass market but only to demonstrate how capable this screen is. Target group are mobile phones and that sort of "machinery".

sounds more like it could be used for business meetings or possibley movie theatres, somehting always has a purpose and that purpose is to make money on it, plus when spend millions on something that you cannot makea profit off of?but it is a interesting concept though but, i could see having this could be a problem. For instance, it could be step on without anyone knowing, it could rip as well.but do keep us informed about this, btw what was the price tag for this?

thats ratehr interesting. mabye one day worksheets for schools will be replaced by interactive paper which teaches the students everything haha. i laugh at it now, but i wouldnt be surprised if it were to come about one day. ;o