xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Wireless Zero Configuration Service

i have a really old laptop running xp (meets the minium requirements)p3 at 500mhz192mb of ram5gb hdd (lol)so im trying toi wirelessly connect to the internet. i have been doing this for 2 years now with no problem, but all of a sudden it says it some issue with wireless zero configuration. so i goto support.ms.com and lo behold i have start a service called wireless zero config. so i goto start, BUT WAIT its not there. i ask my good friend command line to see if its running, but it says theres no service with the name!/helpedit: i think this happend more or less right after i installed sp2... i *think*kvarnerexpress

You have to start the service. I had this problem awhile ago. Search Microsoft .com for the article. All you have to do is start the service and restart your computer. Then it will be all fixed!

Yes, you have to manually start the service, or you can just pull out your wireless adapter and plug it in again. If that doesnt work, then go to network then right click your wireless connector and do repair. If that still doesn't work, then go to connections and there should be a tip on how to repair it